Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"You just need to have more faith."


That is what my mom told me last week when I was talking to her on the phone. Mom's are so smart. Such a simple phrase, but %100, completely true. I was reading my scriptures today when I came across this verse.

Ether 12:4
"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." 

Believing in God = surety and hope for a better world.
hope comes from faith.
faith helps us to be sure and steadfast. 

As I read this over a few times I heard my mom's voice in my head, "You just need to have more faith. Everything will work out."

And I realized she was right. I need to have more faith. When we believe in the Lords power to aid us, in his Grace (divine means of help or strength) everything does work out. Today I am grateful for the scriptures, and the simple, yet profound, truths they teach. And of course for moms who know everything.

1 comments:

Tracey said...

Megan.. You have an amazing mom and I love her advice! Thanks for sharing.

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List