Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey Day Eve

Today was a solid day of favorite things. We woke up and picked up Nichole and headed to Last Chance. Love that place. I walked away with some gold Sperry's, and cute sweatshirt and some Betsey Johnson tights. I felt good about the purchases. I did not, however, feel good. I started feeling sick on Monday night, back in Utah. It got worse yesterday, and my mom was kind enough to send me to bed pumped full of meds, like a good mom should. I woke up this morning still feeling not myself. It's amazing how even your favorite things seem like a chore when you don't feel good. After we went to Last Chance we headed over to Fashion Square mall which is AMAZING.  It just seems to keep getting bigger, and better. We ate at The Pita Jungle. I wish they had one in Utah. It's so good. My mom and I split a turkey pesto pita, and it was SO good. After lunch we went to H&M and F21, two of my favorites, and I was ridiculously unmotivated to shop. I was absolutely exhausted, and didn't even care to look much. What?!? That is not me.

After we got home my mom and I decided to get some of the baking done for tomorrow. She made a pumpkin cheesecake, and I made my healthy pumpkin pie and some healthy oatmeal pumpkin chip cookies. That took us a while, and by the time we were all done we were hungry for dinner again, so we went and ran some errands and picked up some Paradise Bakery soup and salad to go. Another place I love with my whole heart. We came home and my mom and dad did some more cooking prep for tomorrow while I blogged and sang Christmas music :) I feel WIPED. It's super annoying. It made me realize how grateful I am for good health. Today I am thankful for a healthy body. It's amazing how much I take it for granted. I do so much in a day; work, lots of working out, normal day to day functions, sleep, and hardly ever take the time to realize how amazing the body is for doing all these great things. What an incredible blessing.

Total unrelated side note:
This morning I get the following text from Benita...

Benita: You missed a real floozy. (This is the view of Highland Park from our apartment, post last nights "snowpocolypse")
Me: hahahaha I am so lucky. I don't think I would have made it out of our parking lot.
Benita: I knew it was a hoax.
Me: The Blizzard of 2010...one for the books. We will be telling our grand kids about this one.
Benita: I am a survivor.

We make me laugh.

0 comments:

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List