Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Music of My Heart

As I am sitting here doing some work on my computer I have my Itunes playing and some songs that come on just instantly lift my mood. It made me realize that today I am grateful for music. It is such a big part of my life. I have always had an obsession with finding new music. I don't know if that comes from dancing all my life and loving moving to music, and now loving to workout to all my favorite songs. I think I love it because sometimes it can say exactly what is coming from your heart when you don't really know how to put it in to words. It can evoke such strong emotions and memories and I love that.

I feel this way with church music. I'm always so touched by the spirit when I hear our whole congregation singing my favorite hymns. I will almost always be brought to tears when I hear THIS song.

I will always want to get up and dance when I hear THIS song.

I will always start laughing when I hear THIS song.

I will always think of my dad when I hear THIS song.

THIS song is keeping me going at the gym for the past month-ish. 

My current new favorite is THIS song...or maybe THIS one. I think I like too many to pick just one.

I think THIS song will be one of my all time favorites forever.

What would I do without this little gem? I have NO idea.
I could go on and on and on. I really could. I think that my love for music has also created in me a love for silence and the time to ponder with out noise. As much as I love to roll down my windows and let the music blare while i sing my little heart out, (thinking i can sing of course,) I sometimes love to drive in silence just as much to be able to have the time to just think and ponder.

For Christmas I got a guitar, and I've LOVED learning to be able to play and make my own music. There is something therapeutic about it to me.

2 comments:

Tawni said...

Jar of hearts is one of my favs too! Please listen to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm3N1p_h5ec

I promise I don't have issues, but this music makes others want to slit their wrists. I just love it.

Nichole Barney said...

When I think of you I totally think of music! Cute post!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List