Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lotsa love up in here.

This has been a raiiiny Sunday. I'm glad it was rainy today though, one of those days where you're not too sad to be inside wrapped up in a blanket. I can still hear the rain outside my window, and I hope it stops by tomorrow. Please Mother Nature? Thank you.

Today in Relief Society we were talking about visiting teaching, and taking the time to look out for each other as sisters. A darling girl that I adore raised her hand and said that she was so grateful for me reaching out to her when she came into the ward. I didn't deserve an ounce of the nice things she said, but it made me think a lot about my last calling and what a complete blessing it's been in my life. As I was sitting through the rest of church I thought of a couple of instances where I had some sort of interaction with five or six girls over the past couple weeks that I became really close with when I was the RSP. They were girls that I maybe wouldn't have got to know so well otherwise, and they are SO incredible. I am thinking back now and my calling came at such a crucial point in my life. I had just moved away from being with Benita and Roxies, and I felt super lonely. My calling forced me to get out and get to know people, specifically the amazing girls in my ward and I gained so many new friends. I was one hundred percent blessed. It was amazing to sincerely feel so much love for all of the girls I was serving. Although, I received more love than I knew what to do with, and I know the girls in my ward did a lot more for me than I ever did for any of them. It made me realize how the Lord's hand really is in every detail of our lives. Today, and everyday, I am grateful for callings in the church. I am grateful for the way they make us stretch, for the people they mold us into, and for the blessings that come from serving in whatever capacity you are placed with all of your abilities.

On our own we may not be capable of much, but with the Lord working along side us, leading us along, and pushing us from behind, we can accomplish more than we would ever imagine.

P.S. Our Trip to Park City was so much fun...

 We stayed in a suite at the Westgate at the Canyons
 Had some dinner at the Main Street Pizza & Noodle.
 Did a little hot tubbing, both outdoors and in.
 Drank some sparkling cider whilst playing card games. Uno gets craaazy.
 And Laughed a LOT.
My friends are pretty dang awesome.

3 comments:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

GIrl you are amazing! You really are so good at including everyone!! THat is so neat! PC looks amazing! I am so glad you guys had so much fun!!

Visit Park City said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Please share the experience and pictures when you become a fan of Park City on Facebook, www.facebook.com/parkcityUT. We hope to see you soon!

Roxy said...

I hate that I didn't get to come on Saturday. But I am so glad you learned all those things from your calling. I needed this post, and I need you :)

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List