Sunday, November 21, 2010

Countdown until I'm in AZ: one day.

I countdown to my vacations funny. Or so I'm told. I don't count the current day, and I don't count the day I leave. It's closer that way. I talked to my mom tonight and I'm even more excited to go. Why do I love being there so much? Oh wait I know...while I am there my life consists of sleeping in, playing with my family, working out, following my mom and sister Nichole around, making Kiley hang out with me, playing games with everyone, going to movies, shopping, eating lots of frozen yogurt, going to dinner at all my favorite places, laying out, being warm, sunshine...sounds rough huh?

Sundays really are divine. Benita and I woke up early to dogs panting outside the door of the room we are sleeping in. Yep, I'm still dog sitting. Benita has pretty much saved me by coming and staying the night with me. I don't know what I would have done with out her! I decided to make some muffins for ward council because I had the time...and then we had a great meeting. Our bishop talked to us a lot about how much we can make a difference in the life of one person. It kinda lit of fire under me. It was great to hear.

Church itself was great as well. A bunch of us in the ward, (mostly my good friends, coincidentally) were assigned to a dating class. Today we talked about what girls and guys hate about dating and it was pretty dang funny. The conclusion: guys shouldn't talk about themselves, girls should be more honest with their interest levels, guys shouldn't take girls on marathon dates, girls need to give guys more of a chance, girls and guys both just need to be patient. "It all works out." Marriage really is a miracle. Oh dating...isn't it so fun? I can't wait for the day when I look back on the dating years and think...how funny...why did I stress so much about everything? That day will come, right? Today I am thankful for this stage in my life. Hard as it may be. Frustrating as it may be. I am constantly learning and growing, and I know I definitely have a lot more learning and growing to do.

1 comments:

The Smith Clan said...

Can't wait for you to come! Yahoo!!! Loved the update on the marriage class! So funny!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List