Monday, October 19, 2009

A Little Bugged...

Gummy Worms. A delightful treat, happily consumed by children everywhere, and Benita Bates, of course. You get this photo because I couldn't bear to post a photo of an actual worm. Had I done so I may or may not have vomited. Why you ask? Well, you just keep reading...(I'm sure the suspense is probably killing you.)

Friday night Linds and I had a shopping/dinner date planned, as we often do. We seriously had SUCH a fun night, and made some great purchases, might I add. We originally planned on going up to Park City to shop, but decided on the University Mall instead. A few hours of shopping left us with tired legs and growling stomachs, so we decided to head over to one of our favorite locations, Jason's Deli, naturally.
Linds was super nice and bought my dinner in lou of my upcoming b-day. After we got all settled with the three kiddos and drinks and everything else we started eating and were just laughing and talking as per usual. I dove into my favorite menu item, the turkey wrap. Linds and I were in some involved convo when I looked down at my wrap were I had just bit, and out crawls a FREAKING CATERPILLAR. Yes, it was alive. Yes, it was in my food. I thought I was going to die. I showed it to Lindsey...well more like I shoved it in her face as I dry heaved repeatedly and she just kept motioning for me to go take it to the front whilst trying not to vomit. So, I ran up to the counter worm-wrap in hand, and showed the first worker I could find. His reaction was pretty funny. He like, freaked out and started saying things like, " THAT IS SO GROSS!" while profusely apologizing, and trying to get it out of my hands as fast as possible. He asked me if he could get me another and I couldn't say, "No," fast enough. He comped my meal, and explained that, "sometimes bugs just come in with the sprouts," Yep. That helped a TON. SO GROSS.
We all had a hard time finishing, post worm excavation. Yikes. This experience was all to familiar to my Mi Ranchito experience a couple years back. I don't do well with bugs in my food.

I'd also like to add that I've killed four spiders this past week in my shower. Now, I understand Halloween is upon us, and even I love a good trick every now and then, but if the Arachnid/Insect population could take their jokes elsewhere I'd really appreciate it.

6 comments:

Benita said...

hahaha thanks for grouping me in there with the children. I thought you were going to tell this great story about how you had a change of heart and started liking them!! sugar free kind of course... i was wrong. if it makes you feel any better. i ate ants. I know you can picture the vomit face i am making right now. sick. get these bugs away from us.

rosemarie said...

Oh my gosh GROSS!!! what is this arachnid, insect history bringing you next, I would have definitely lost it and so much for a wrap anytime soon.

Happy Birthday on Wednesday!!!! Love ya

camiwells said...

oh my megs I almost vomitted just reading the story...never again will i eat that sprout infested turkey wrap at jasons barf!

camiwells said...

oh my megs I almost vomitted just reading the story...never again will i eat that sprout infested turkey wrap at jasons barf!

Amber said...

That is soooo disgusting. I would have made them give me a ticked for free ice cream for the rest of my life!! And as for the spiders... when I was living with Trace's parents over the summer, I killed AT LEAST one spider that was crawling around in the bathtub every single morning. I think I always found them in there cause they crawled in there and couldn't get out... good luck with that. Now every time I get in the shower, I always look for them. The best is when you find them on the shower curtain, less than six inches from your face and you can't really do anything about it cause you are wet and naked... YIKES!! I hate spiders!

The Smith Clan said...

Totally SICK!!!!!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List