Monday, October 5, 2009

A con artist of sorts

My sister Nichole is the stealthy one. She has met tons of famous people because she's good at just sneaking her cute lil' self casually on in to wherever they are. I'm not so stealth. I HATE getting into trouble, so I'm always timid about stuff like that. Well, on Friday I would have done Nichole proud.
Benita, Krissy, and I were able to scrounge up some tickets to go to the BYU/Utah State game. I usually go and sit with Rox and company when I go, but their seats were in a not-so-squeezable section, and since there were three of us to be squoze (so what if i made up the word...) we just went to our seats. LUCKILY, we were somehow crammed in between this crazy family who went hog wild at the concessions stand. We're talking, Slurpee's, cokes, cotton candy, popcorn, cinnamon almonds...the works. The good news is the boy in front of us was LOVING his cotton candy. I've never seen anything like it. He would grab huge wad, stick out his tongue, and set the wad on there while it disintegrated all over him. We're talking LOTS of drool. It was phenomenal.


After about one quarter of this we decided these were NOT the seats for us...so...we called some of our friends who had snuck into the high school recruits seats on the front row.
Yes, this view was a bit more enjoyable... (please excuse the photo quality, these were taken with my phone)It's amazing how much more fun a game can be when you are right up close! The only problem was there were about 20 of our friends crammed into theses seats, and it was pretty apparent that we weren't supposed to be there. The security folk clad with orange jackets weren't too keen on our presence. This poor tiny little guy kept coming and yelling to see everyone's tickets and we all just pretended to be REALLY into the game...oops.
Krissy, Brandon and I were standing next to some really sweet girls who actually had tickets there, and we asked them if there were people in our seats. They said that there had been people but they hadn't been there for a while. Once the lone security guard saw that we weren't going to respond to him, he decided to call for backup. All of the sudden there were like 7 orange jackets coming at us. Let me give you a visual...I'm pretty sure most of them weren't sure what football was, needed an on-campus job, and thought this was super sweet. At one point I heard one of them yelling, "We do not taking stealing lightly..." ohhh boy. So, one girl came to us and was like..."let me see your tickets right now." I thought we were for sure getting tossed out, BUT I decided to give a last ditch effort to staying front row. The convo went something like this;

orange power trip: I need to see your tickets
me: Ohhh, well you see we don't have any. The people sitting here before us left and these girls told us we could sit with them.
orange power trip: oh really? well we'll just see about that. I'll go ask her.
me: ok...
...and then she did...and the SWEET girls totally vouched for us.
SO we watched the rest of the blessed game so close we were practically in the huddles, giving the players "good games," and telling Bronco our game tips...or something like that :)
We even got to say hello to our friend Jan #84, who had an awesome game.
Such a fun night!

5 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

How fun Megan! You did make me proud! I would have loved to be in on that fun little adventure!

The Smith Clan said...

Way to go Megs! Sounds like lots of fun!!!

Amber said...

ha ha ha. way to go megs. i am a little sad though that you didn't get a jersey or something. When you're that close, you can practically rip it off them!! Just sayin'...

Unknown said...

Fun! I am glad that you worked it out and was able to stay in the seats. You are very tricky!

Rebecca said...

i also did some sneaking around the stadium at this game, and i too thought i was going to get thrown out at one point haha

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List