Friday, October 2, 2009

brrrrrrrrrr....

35 FLIPPING degrees. That is what the temperature read this morning as I drove to the work at 6:00 AM. Yes, 35. You read it right. NOT a type-o. SO GROSS. Is it really time for me to be pulling out the Uggs and the North Face again? This all seems a bit premature.

I'm not ready. I'm not ready for winter clothes, and full blast heat, and getting stuck in the snow in Highland Park on my way to work.
Although...I'm a lil' bit excited for pumpkin flavored everything, my b-day, Halloween, and the slew of holidays that quickly follow...I'm so hard to please. ;)

I'm also SO exited for conference weekend. WOW. I love it. I seriously can't wait.
I've already made my "Conference Question List."

What is that you ask? Well...when I was in seminary my teacher told us a story of a woman who wrote in to one of the apostles expressing some major concerns about the gospel and life in general. The apostle (sorry, can't remember which one...) responded back to her promising that if she'd make a list of questions she had about absolutely anything, and she sincerely prayed that she might have her questions answered, and she listened intently with an open heart, that she would be blessed with the answers to each and every one of her questions. After hearing this story I have done the same thing each time conference comes around. It has been such an incredible experience that I have learned so much from. It has changed the way I listen to conference. Do it...I dare you. It's awesome.

Also...this past Wednesday our Relief Society made all sorts of headbands for Enrichment. So fun...

4 comments:

rosemarie said...

Hey I am not ready for the cold stuff either, but hasn't it been a beautiful fall so far, but a bit cold too soon. Love your thoughts on conference and a good thing to do. I am looking forward to conference this weekend.

The Smith Clan said...

I wish that I had seen your blog before...instead of after conference! Great idea. And I luvvv...the headband! we made some cute ones in ours also! We will have to compare!!!

camiwells said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
camiwells said...

oh Im so jealous of those headbands right now!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List