Tuesday, October 20, 2009

year twentyfour




October 20, 2009. This is me on this exact day one year ago. Benits, Cami, & Tanner insisted that we bring in year 24 with a bang, and that we did. Cupcakes and singing included. It's been a good year, I must say.
became bestest buds with the neighbors across the street...
but of course still kept in touch with all of my original besties :)
Enjoyed, yet another, fabulous Halloween.
Traveled to the A of Z's for some family Thanksgiving time.
Had some visits from the marrieds who we love SO much!
(Congrats on growing up guys...)
Welcomed this little guy into the world.
(Yes, my sister did just have a baby, and she looks way cuter than me...the one who did not.)
Oh...and randomly decided to become the black sheep of the fam, as far as hair color goes that is...
Had an awful...but hilariously memorable...New Years.
Hung out with these two lovelies...a LOT.
Managed to squeeze in a THS reunion or two.
Love every single one of these gals.
Accomplished what has been a life-long goal. Running a marathon!
(p.s. this photo speaks volumes of my life. Mom running along side me encouraging me. Dad cheering me on from ahead, showing me where to go. The support I had from all of my friends and family in this event was so amazing. It got me through!!)
Went on a PHENOMENAL road trip to Tahoe with all my best buds.
Celebrated the summer :)
Was visited by a long lost BFF. I love my Trevor.
Enjoyed the beauty that is Utah.
Road tripped it to Vegas to see two of my favorite people tie the knot. An AMAZING wedding.
Watched ANOTHER Best Friend get married. Congrats Linds!
Went on the annual Powell Trip. Yep, as amazing as ever.
Got to hang out with THESE fabulous individuals a lot. I LOVE my family.
Had so much fun in a GREAT ward. I love my ward, love my calling.
Sent this hooligan up to the SLC. :( Roommate/BESTEST friend of 5 years. No longer roommates, but always bestest friends!
Met this guy...whoa...he's tall.
Had LOTS of diet cokes with these fine ladies. LOVE them.
Still loving this girlie. Despite her move north.
Wow. Looking back at these FEW memories over the past year I feel so lucky. SO blessed. I am surrounded by such great people. I have the best family and friends in the whole world. I can't wait to see what year 25 brings!!

12 comments:

The Smith Clan said...

Oh MY!! Where have the 24 years gone! I can remember reluctantly taking you to your first day of kindergarten at the Kellar School (Peoria Ill.) Can't believe how fast the time goes by! Hope you have a wonderful B-DAY Megs! I will be thinking of you all day!!!You are such an amazing little lady! Love YOU!!!

Preston and Jamyn said...

Meg! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Just wanted to say hello and let you know... we be blogging! :)
Have the best day ever! Love ya!

Jeff & Chels said...

Happy Birthday! I thought I could be the first to wish you happy birthday on your official day, but it looks like I'm not the only former Heatheridge 7th night owl.
Happy Birthday! I have so many great memories with you in the last 16 years that I've known you! From mine and Cheryl's "No Diggity" dance at your third grade party to getting ready for church to "He gives roses to everyone." I dare say we may hold the record for inside jokes. I was laying in bed last night thinking, and I was wondering what our obession with Willey Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. And I recently came across a pile of our elaborate notes, complete with stickers, we used to send each other. We were nuts.
But I'm sad that I don't have enough recent inside jokes. I hope we can remedy that asap.
Love you Megs!

Amber said...

What a great recap. Happy Birthday Megs!!

Kendall said...

Happy Birthday Megs! It was fun to read up on what you've been up to this year. BTW- you look so gorgeous. I'm loving the dark hair on you too!

Lauri said...

I remember the night that your dad called to tell us that you had arrived! Seems like yesterday but not so. Hope you had a really great day and that you are feeling much better now.
Love Ya
Lauri

Liz & Zac said...

Today I was at work and I looked at the date and serious thought to myself "Today is Megan's birthday" Its funny how there are just some things you never forget! I hope you had a great one! Thanks for the tribute in your blog...P.S. Lets hang soon!

camiwells said...

oh megs love you! glad i was able to celebrate this birthday with you too!

rosemarie said...

Hope you had a great day as you ushered in year 25, can't believe it. Here's to a great year ahead!!! Love you.

Sarah Preston said...

Happy 25th! I am still so impressed that you did a full marathon!

Janae and Bil Bil said...

I hope you had an amazing day!! I miss you!

Brit said...

So Kendall was here visiting me and I didn't realize I left my comment under her name. I didn't even realize it until she was looking at your blog and couldn't figure out how there was a comment from her already lol. Sorry! Happy Birthday from both Kendall and I:)

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List