Wednesday, June 4, 2008

buggalicious....

Well tonight Benita and I decided to go to get some dinner because we were STARVING and we didn't want to take the time to make something. SO after leaving the house we set out to find a place to eat. Of course at the top of our list were the usual favorites...Bajios or Zupas. These were both quickly discarded due to the fact that we realized it was already 9 o'clock and all of our favorite places were closed...so we decided to try out Mi Ranchito...a new addition our list of regulars. I was pleasantly surprised last week when we went there. I can usually NEVER find anything I like to eat at the authentic Mexican restaurants because everything is smothered in Cheese. BUT They have a grilled chicken wrap that is really healthy and quite delicious. So, we get there and due to the late hour we're able to find a curbside spot on state street...speeding up the dinner time process. We were seated immediately, and Rodriguo was quick to rush us a warm bowl of chips and some fresh salsa. Beni and I both ordered; a chicken enchilada and a grilled chicken wrap, respectively. Again I was surprised with how quickly our food arrived, not at all disappointed because again..we were STARVING. We dug right in, barely stopping to breathe. My wrap started to fall apart in my hands and I looked down to try and re situate and thought i saw some charred something...so i went to pick it out and IT HAD WINGS!! The worst part. It was only a half a bug... The other half apparently was swimming in my stomach. I, of course, began to dry heave. Benita didn't believe me...until she looked a little closer and took my plate away from me so I would stop freaking out...needless to say my meal was comped. I guess its back to the original regulars...

18 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

Oh Meg, that is disgusting!!

Devri said...

So gross! I don't know if I can eat there again. YUCK!

Chelsey said...

That's pretty bad. Especially cause it was only half of the bug. I had a similar mishap with Los Hermanos back in the summer of '99, and I have not been back

Liz & Zac said...

That is disgusting! It happened to me at Chili's with lettuce wraps, but there was at least one dead bug in each leaf! I think i remember when Chelsey had the bug at Los Hermanos, was that in 9th grade when we went for student council? And they gave her ice cream to say they were sorry? Do you remember that?

Muncher Cruncher said...

Oh my gosh I TOTALLY remember that. How funny...9th grade student council was the best.

The Smith Clan said...

Megan, that is so sick! So BAD!!!! Iv'e never been a real Mi Ranchito Fan.

Steph said...

That is NASTY. Ewww!

Jolynne said...

That made me really sick! Thanks for posting, now I know I will never eat there! YUCK. I think I might dry heave thinking about it.

Benita said...

buggy....are you sure you'll never eat there again??

Tracey said...

Megan- I am sooo SORRY that happened to you- that is mentally disturbing! I hope you don't care, I finally added you & Lindsey to my link list - It is just easier to not have to keep going to Nichole to get to you. I hope you recover from your fly incident, I think I would be ruined from eating out for a while!

Unknown said...

hahhahahhahahhahaha i have never laughed so hard in my whole life. of COURSE this happened to you megs. haha the one who is already picky about food. i am soooo sorry! i STILL want to go back though... :)

Trav and Linds said...

SICK!!! And you know we love Mi Ranchito too! Make sure to tell Trav that lovely story!

Kate said...

Ok, this makes me sad because I LOVE MI RANCHITO! That's seriously a Gildea Family tradition. Please tell me it's not ruined for you forever!

Nichole Barney said...

Dang it is hard to branch out from the regular eating spots anyway and then to have that happen! It is bad enough to eat part of the fly but then to think about what flies do to eat makes me sick. So sorry that happened!

kiley barney said...

OF ALL THE PEOPLE TO GET A BUG!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh... I am going to throw up. At least it wasn't a giant hair ball... we found one of those one time at that new Mexican restaurant in Orem. Yep... never went back.

Ashley said...

oh my hell...that is DISGUSTING. But oh so hilarious! I think I might throw up now. Thanks!

kristen said...

megan...I'm so glad i found your blog! I love finding that people blog. it's a favorite. :)

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List