Monday, June 16, 2008

I HEART Daddy-O!

Wow….lacking on the blogging. My apologies. All in good reason though! This past week has been crazy, but really fun. My mom and sister Nichole both came from AZ and we were able to do a little home showing, shopping, eating and the like. Tyler came down with the kids and we went to lunch. My dad came up at the end of the week to get out of the heat, and we had a Father’s day Party at Jason and Tamra’s yesterday afternoon. LOTS of family!! (and so much fun of course.) To top that off Benita, Lindsay and I threw a bridal shower for Heather which was so fun (I’ll try and post some photos)! AND Benita, who happens to be the ward activities guru, put on a sweet BBQ up the canyon. With that came a lot of fruit cutting, treat making, and the like. So, mixing that in with work, and all the usual stuff it was basically one thing after another.

It was fun to be able to spend Father’s Day with my dad. He is such an amazing guy. I’ve seen him accomplish so many things in his lifetime, and that has set the example for me to push myself. I was trying to think about what my absolute favorite memory with my dad was, and I’ve really had a hard time narrowing it down. He is such a fun guy to be around so the good times are easy to come by. Because I have so many I’ve narrowed it down to my top few favorites J

- My dad teaching me how to drive a stick shift…This took place in the THS parking lot. Go, T-Wolves! We happened to be driving my dad’s sweet gold truck that I so lovingly called “the rattler.” Dad must have had some patience with me because we took the whole day, and I did learn!! The learning process was sped up by the fact that my mom and dad were going out of town taking the Durango, and I didn’t have my own car yet, so my options were learn to drive to truck or not go anywhere. I chose option A. My dad has always been so willing to teach me new things and has been super patient with my in the process. He’s always believed that I could do anything. I’ve never once heard him tell me he doubted my ability.
- I feel like Les, Elaine, and I have spent some quality time together. So, I’m lumping together me + the parents time. Being the youngest I’ve been fortunate to get my mom and dad to myself a lot. We’ve gone on fun trips. They’ve let me come home and hang out in AZ with them. They come here and visit…all very fun. I’d have to say the past two Vegas Bowls and Our trip to Montana/Canada were some of my favorites. I’ve loved our car road trips especially because I get to learn so much about my parents. Just talking and hearing about their life experiences is so fun.
- Lastly, I loved having my dad’s support in all of my dancing growing up. He was an excellent “Drill Dad.” Driving props around, coming to dinners, shows, competitions, cheering for me, knowing our routines well enough to pick out mistakes. It was awesome. I loved having his support.

Those of you who know my dad can agree he is a high quality individual. I love him so much! Happy father’s day Daddy-O!!!

4 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

Oh, I love the part about your dad being a "Drill Dad". He was so great!!

The Smith Clan said...

I am the lucky one to have such an awesome daughter. We still have some work to do though. You need to learn to golf and flyfish. Let's get on it.

I love you a ton!!!

"Pops"

The Smith Clan said...

Nice Job on the blog Megs! Dad is so right! You have been the baby we have had the all the fun watching grow up! You have kept us younger, and we have loved every minute of it!We Love you! Mom

Nichole Barney said...

I will second the post. We are so lucky to have such an awesome day! They keep us all young with the energy they have.

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List