Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wide open spaces...

There is something about being up in the mountains that makes me remember how much I love Utah. This weekend we had a ward leadership retreat up at my bishop's cabin. It was so much fun, and the scenery was amazing.

Benit's and I drove up to the cabin in Kamas with Eric and AJ.
A voice of warning, if we know the words to the song, or even if we think we know the words, we will sing. We are a good time in the car.



We played some games, were fed (literally and spiritually), made friends with a cat sized rat (some of us made friends...some of us may or may not of been terrified), plated midnight capture the flag (unfortunately the barbed-wire fence put a quick/painful end to that), slept (for a few hours),had 2AM dessert, followed by a delightful breakfast not long after, and hung out for a while.

We weren't exactly prepared for the cooler temps that hit us this past weekend. Luckily, Lowell and AJ came across some snazzy sweaters. Thanks Bishop.

We have some of the most amazing/adorable/cutest/quality girls in our ward. Seriously. PHENOMENAL.

I have always been blessed to be surrounded by incredible friends. Good people. Good times.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the fact that you pose in all of your pictures!!!!

The Smith Clan said...

Megs, I feel your pain! We love Benita!! She's been a part of our family forever! But like you said, you had to put in the Lord's hands and I feel like you are in the right place! I'm sure you will have a great year!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List