Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Benita ate chickpeas. The weekend recap.

This weekend was fun. Very fun indeed. This picture was actually from Whit's B-day last weekend, but I just thought it was cute.


Thursday was the ward talent show. Let's be honest you hear those words put together and you shudder a little bit. Krissy and I commented walking in that it was going to be awkward. It just was, regardless of if the talents were great or not so great, it was going to be awkward. We knew it was bad news bears from the beginning. Some of the highlight were newsies reenactments, awkward commentating, and throw up to say the least. People come out of the woodwork on these things. If you'd like a detailed version, I'd be obliged. I promise you'll laugh.

Benits came and slept over on Friday night (like she sometimes does) and it was just like old times. Room-er-ooskies.
We did our usual Friday dinner and hang out with friends. I proceeded to give Benita the full Talent show synopsis over some Zupas because she wasn't able to attend. She quite enjoyed it. We laughed pretty hard.

Saturday we woke up and went to the gym. Came home and made a delicious lunch. Shredded chicken, diced tomatoes, avocado, chickpeas, topped off with some mango salsa. Now let me just back up to the chickpeas.
Benita is learning to like food. True story. I'm so proud of her. When I first met her she was straight up Easy Mac and Peanut M&M's. Now she eats veggies...all kinds. It's crazy. So we start making our salads and the conversation goes something like this.

Me: Have you ever had Garbanzo beans?
Benita: What?
Me: Chickpeas? These? (Show her the can) They look like...(Little Brains. I actually didn't finish the sentence. I didn't think she'd try them, and I knew if I said that it wouldn't help the situation)
Benita: (With a very disapproving look on her face) aaahhhm. No.
Me: They're good. Promise. They don't really have much flavor. It's what hummus is made of.
Benita: oohhh. (Looking very skeptical)
Me: (Finish making my salad. Watching Benita finish hers as she purposely passes over the chickpeas.) Are you going to try the chickpeas?
Benita: Ummm. They look like little brains.
Me: Bah hahaha. I knew you were going to say that. Just try them.
Benita: Ummm...OK. (Nervously plates them up.)
Me: (Very impressed she was trying them.)

Good job Beni. You did it. I seriously love that girl. Do I say that enough. She cracks me up.
After lunch we went to the temple and then ran some errands.
We came home and made some YUMMY BYU mint brownies. (At least I hear they were yummy, we made them sans nuts. I think nuts ruin baked goods. Yep, I'm one of those.) We took them over to our friend Chris' where we watched the sad BYU game with a ton of our friends. It was super fun, despite the loss. Good times had by all.

Side notes:
- I've been talking to my mom and dad on Skype all the time as of late. I love it. They are adorable.
- Daylight savings rocked my world. I seriously hated it. Wow. I mean I love having longer, lighter days, but wow...both me and my clients struggled.
- I am ready for warm weather. Not this trick stuff. Real warm weather.
- I have been obsessively looking at cooking blogs. All I want to do is bake and cook. I in fact wish I could just do it all day. Is that weird? Probably...

2 comments:

Benita said...

hahaha... those dang brains! i'll be honest i don't know if i am ready to run and buy them in bulk... but if we happened to make that salad again i wouldn't be mad. such a good weekend! thanks for letting your house be my second house! :)

Nichole Barney said...

That is funny! I am proud of Benita! I know the little brains were a stretch for her! I think you like to bake because you don't eat it so it is kind of rewarding to bake and watch others eat it! Does that make sense? Plus you have that natural Betty Crocker gene from the master chef Elaine.

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List