Saturday, March 27, 2010

Banana Pancakes, Insomnia, and LOTS of Chalk

Goodbye Saturday. I love Saturdays...have I mentioned that before? I get so excited for them to come, and with such good intentions of accomplishing a million things, but they seem to go by FAR too quickly. Sigh...oh well.

This post actually rewinds to last night. At around 1:30 AM Jan proclaimed his hankering for some IHOP which was echoed by Brian and Alex, and the persuasion of trying to get us there began. I lovingly declined, but with the promise of homemade whole wheat banana pancakes...better anyways, right? I look out for the health of my friends. What can I say? ;) So, by about 2 AM we whipped up some of these guys...

Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 TBS brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup skim milk
2 egg whites
2 TBS applesauce
2 bananas (overripe/mashed)
1 tsp cinnamon
*optional: Chocolate chips
Combine wet ingredients, and then add dry ingredients

Now, I don't usually stay up very late. Not at all actually. So, you'd think that when I finally made it to bed I would have crashed. False. I decided instead to lay awake ALL NIGHT LONG. I literally checked my clock about 12 times during the night, and then decided just to lay there some more listening to Benita sleep so soundly. She slept over. :) At 5 AM i contemplated going to the gym, but decided against it since I knew I wanted to go to Janae's spin class. So, yep, I just kept on lying there wide awake. LAME. I feel for you insomniacs out there. No freaking Bueno.

After an amazing morning of spin, and some lifting I came home with the intentions to do the following; clean the kitchen, eat lunch, shower, take a nap (because after the gym I was exhausted), and go to the temple.

I made it to "take a nap," when Brady persuaded me to go with him to the Hari Karishna, Festival of Colors. This is a festival that happens every year. For a sample of what the explosion of colors looks like click HERE. It's one of those things that i see posted all over everyone's facebook walls after it happens, and I think to myself, "one day I want to do that." It's on the same list as the Provo River Christmas Cruise. If you haven't had the chance to brave that one, please do. It is a delight.
So, after Brady persuaded me that I was still going to "a temple." I gave in to peer pressure. A bunch of us suited up, and off we went.
It is a pretty spectacular sight. From the second we got there we had strangers throwing colored chalk at us and wiping their colored hands all over us. We were instantly greeted by some friends who thought we were far too clean. Green chalk in the mouth. Delish. I realized pretty quickly that I'm not really one that loves to get dirty. Despite that, I had a lot of fun.
One thing that I thought was so funny was the fact that we kept running in to people we knew, but because everyone is just smeared in color it's hard to even recognize people you know really well.

After the countdown to the actual chalk throwing it is like a dust bomb cloud of color. I can't even explain it, so crazy. I couldn't even see the people standing next to me for few seconds.
I can finally say that I've experienced the festival of colors. I can also say that I blew my nose when I got home and it was purple. TMI? I've never been so excited to shower in my life...we finished the evening off with some Pizza Pie Cafe. Not bad if you ask me. Not bad at all. I never did get my nap though. I'm more than ready for bed!

5 comments:

Genevieve said...

the landscape picture you took (assuming you took it) is awesome!

Janae and Bil Bil said...

You better take a nap today! Looks like you had so much fun and thank you thank you for not going to the gym at 5 so that you could come to spin! Pizza Pie Cafe is so good! I am going to make those pancakes right after church:) LOVE YOU and I can't wait to lift together soon!

Trav and Linds said...

Hilarious! Looks like fun though! I could really use your photoshop and mad computer skills today. Miss you, nuff said! :)

Lauri said...

Looks like tons of fun! Your beautiful white teeth look even whiter with all of the color on your face. Ive heard a lot about the festival...

The Smith Clan said...

Banana WW Pancakes! We'll have to make those! I've heard about the color festiva!! Oh the fun! Can't wait to see you!!! It's supposed to snow?rain on thursday. Can't believe it!! Sixty degrees on Friday! Today is 85!!!!!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List