Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lunch with Gap and Lil' Sister Kelly...

On Saturday I met Liz and Chelsey for a LONG overdue lunch reunion. We went to Olive Garden which was, of course, delicious, AND Chels brought her little munchkin, Alli, which was so fun. I seriously could eat that little girl up. She's SOO cute! We had a great time reminiscing on the old days. I guess a little background here might be helpful...Liz and I became friends in 4th grade in Mr. Strong's class. We immediately were inseperable. This was solidified when our parents chose lots across the street from eachother to build houses on. We were in heaven. It was seriously the best thing EVER. Chels was in our ward that we moved into, and she lived just down the street form Liz and I. We were friends with her from before from being in the same classes at school, and such. (I have proof of this. In 3rd grade I broke a picture on her head in a heated round of birthday "Heavy Heavy Hangover." She also lived across the street from my cousins so we walked to 7-11 together a time or two.) Anyways... this fabulous threesome really came together when we all moved up to Cher Apple together.
We spent many an hour together... a lot of my greatest memories from growing up involve these girls. We were borderline rediculous...nicknames, notes, music videos, sleepovers, boys, savage garden, student council, girls camp, academy for girls, family trips, forts, you name it...we did it. And we did it well, might i add. I always am so thrown off when people say they hated Jr. High because I loved it. We had SO much fun. Chels and I were definitely sad when Lizard had to move to Highland.
I really feel like I've always been blessed with such great friends, and these girls are prime examples. I LOVE EM'! We also got to see Jaclyn (Dodson) Gunter who works at the OG. She was also a really good friend all growing up, so that was fun.
Chelsey's baby is seriously SO cute. I wanted to put her in my pocket and take her home with me!!
Let's not go so long before the next meet up...ok??

8 comments:

The Smith Clan said...

Oh yes! Such cute girls and Chelsey's little girl Alli is adorable. That brought back a lot of memories for me too! I miss seeing you guys!

Chelsey said...

Oh we didn't even stratch the surface with the memories. When I got home I thought of all these funny things we should have talked about. That lunch should have taken place a long time ago. We need to get together very soon.

PS We didn't even talk about of crazy we were with the our notes to each other. Time well spent!

Liz & Zac said...

Oh come on you HAVE to remove that last one of me. Like i said before Alli is adorable and i could have fallen asleep with her playing with my hair, but i look completely DRUNK! I had so much fun, lets please do it again soon. Maybe we should bring pictures next time! I loved all the fun memories that were brought back! Megan what was your nick name? Someone was bullet? who was bullet?

Trav and Linds said...

Next time you guys get together I'll pick you all up and treat you to a brown cow at Brick Oven, like good old times! :)

Muncher Cruncher said...

Jeff Jennings was bullet...I can't remember what mine was...

Nichole Barney said...

Love those girls they are so cute! I feel old seeing Chelsea with a baby!

Amber said...

How fun!! The only sad thing I have to say about all of that though, is that I wish I was there going to lunch at the OG with you! I'm glad you had fun! You are so cute!

Genevieve said...

The most beautiful popular girls from elementary school back together!! ;)

Isn't it great to have such amazing friends!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List