Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thanks Lainey!!

So...this past weekend I went to Seattle for Jenna's wedding (she is one of my best friends from college.) I was a bridesmaid and she wanted us all to have different dresses. We had some basic guidelines to follow, black, short-sleeved, tea-length, but we were pretty much allowed to do whatever we wanted! I had a set idea in my head of what I wanted but wasn't finding it anywhere, and so I asked my mom if she'd help me make a dress. That way I could be specific on how i wanted it to look. My mom, the sweet person that she is, said of course she'd help me. SO the weekend before the wedding we went crazy. My mom literally had to create some of the pattern out of newspaper, which i thought was really impressive. I was so excited with how it turned out! Thanks so much for your help mom!

P.S. The wedding turned out perfect. It was so fun to be there.
P.P.S. more pics to come from the trip I promise!

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Love it. obsessed.

Jenna said...

I would like to chime in here and say how fantastic this dress was. A big thank you to all who participated in the crafting of it. It really took the wedding up a notch I think. That, and the cake buffet.

Trav and Linds said...

Ok, you look adorable! I love how the dress turned out and that picture is so cute. You look like a gorgeous model. P.S- now that your back we seriously need to play!

Jessica and Reece said...

Tell your mom I want to hire her to design my new wardrobe! You look so gorgeous in this picture!

Jes said...

Awesome dress. You ladies have some mad sewing skills

Unknown said...

Gorgeous dress! I love it. Can't wait to see the other pics.

Liz & Zac said...

It is amazing! you are a hottie!

Lauri said...

The dress is beautiful almost as much as the person wearing it. Your lucky to have such a talented mom! Happy Birthday soon!! I need your address kiddo.

The Smith Clan said...

Megan, you look so adorabale here!! I love it that the dress tunrned out!! I'd hate to think of the opposite results!! I was a little nervous in the designing and sewing of it. As you well remember! But it looks so great on you!! AWESOME PHOTO!!

rosemarie said...

What a beauty, you look awesome!!! I love the dress too. What a fantastic job your mom did!!!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List