Thursday, October 16, 2008

Seattle!!

This past weekend I got to get out of Provo for a few days for Jenna's Wedding. It was such a fun trip! Benita, Shaylene, and I flew out of Provo on Thursday Morning. Poor Beni was pretty tired and my in-flight entertainment turned out to be watching her poor little head bob. Jenna's mom Denise picked us up and we managed to find enough time to spare to get some shopping in before we met the rest of the girls that night.

We met Jenna, Jessica, and Heather at a restaurant in downtown Seattle called The Pink Door for dinner. Jenna is an expert of sorts when it comes to food, she loves her fine dining, so i expected nothing less than fancy for her bridal shower dinner. I was reminded, however, as to why I don't like such fancy places. Where most people would go to a restaurant of sorts and enjoy elaborate meats, fine cheeses, and special sea foods...unfortunately for me, I never seem to have the same experience. I find it interesting,because in reading my celeb-stalker magazines they claim to eat a lot of salads...Well, celeb's frequent the fancy-pants restaurants, no? You'd think the salad would be prime time, delicious, perfected...to say the least. Every time I order a salad (because that is the only thing on the menu i'll eat...being as how I hate meat, cheese, and sea food...) I wonder if the restaurant's have ever heard of this thing we call a Salad. I had a repeat of this event on this particular evening. I got Cesar Salad. Can't go wrong right? Wrong. I was brought a plate with 4 uncut leaves of the very inside part of romaine lettuce. "The Butts" of the lettuce as Benita would call them. And a cup of dressing with about 5 croutons on top. Needless to day I was glad for the endless bread we received. Don't let my experience fool you though...everyone else really liked thier meals.

After dinner it was off to Kareoke. SO much fun. We seriously sang for like 2 hours straight I think. A very good call by Jenna!

On Friday morning we woke up, worked out, got ready, and it was time to meet the wedding party at Whole Foods for lunch. BUT before we left Trevor arrived!! Trevor and I have been friends for like 10 years at least. He became friends with Jenna when she and I became friends my freshman year of college, and she made him her "Bridesman." It was SO fun for him to be able to come all the way from New York.


After we ate lunch at Whole Foods (which was delicious btw), we went sailing on the harbor. It was SO beautiful. We were able to see the whole Seattle skyline, and it was sunny with blue skies. We kept calling it the "booze cruise." (We're Office fanatics.)

After the cruise we trekked around downtown Seattle. Some of my favorite stops included, Pike's Place Market and the AMAZING Nordstrom Rack that is like 4 or 5 stories. I love walking around and exploring new cities.

Saturday was the big day! We went and helped Jenna get ready in the morning, and she looked absolutely amazing. I have really never seen her look so happy. Her dress was beautiful, and she had everything planned out so perfectly. They were married in the Seattle temple, which is entirely surrounded by tall evergreen trees. It was really amazing.

After the temple we headed to Hotel 1000, where the rest of the evening went down. We took pictures with Jenna and all the bridesmaids in downtown Seattle with a bunch of vintage suitcases. SO cute. Everyone that passed by us wondered what in the world was going on. Jenna and Swavek had a beautiful ceremony where they exchanged rings, hordeurves were served, and there was an amazing dinner.

It was an amazing day and an amazing weekend. I'm SO happy for Jenna and Swavek!!

13 comments:

Trav and Linds said...

What a fun weekend! It sounds like the trip was so much fun, except for the fancy-shmansy meals. Glad to have you back, and right in time for your birthday!

The Smith Clan said...

I love Seattle Megan! Haven't been there for a while. I am so glad the wedding, shopping, and everthing was wonderful! Yes Linds is right! You are next to celebrate! Birthday girl!

Jenna said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. It wouldn't have been the same without you there. You helped make it the perfect weekend!

Jessica said...

I am jealous. I love Seattle! Another fun trip!

Kate said...

oh man it looks like you guys had a great time! And I loved all the pictures on facebook, you guys look darling! And can I just say I LOVE LOVE LOVED your dress, seriously SO cute!

Liz & Zac said...

How fun! You look so cute. While I was looking at these pics Jenny came in and saw you. "She said I remember Megan! She is really pretty, she looks like the girl off of The Hills."

Unknown said...

Fun pics. Looks like you had a great weekend, and that she had a great wedding.

Unknown said...

i am still sooo obsessed with your dress. so i was thinking, we should do another trip. will you meet me at the MRC, like, TOMORROW?? cuz i want another break :) love you!

Amber said...

You girls look so beautiful! I am so glad that the wedding went so wonderfully. Jenna looks so happy in those pictures. I miss you and happy birth tomorrow!

Lauri said...

Looks like a really fun trip, I love Seattle and would love to go back and visit again. Rebecca would love to return to her birthplace to visit because she can't remember it up there. I don't have your new address so HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....give me a call and let me know the address and phone number, please. Love Y a Kiddo!

Karrissa Winward said...

I am so jealous- I love Seattle, I love Pike's Place, and you got to see Trevor! Glad you had fun!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Megan. I hope (and am sure) you did something fun!

Hayden said...

megan! I am obsessed with your health blog! It seriously is so good and brought up some questions I want to ask you about sometime! hope your birthday was good.

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List