Tuesday, September 2, 2008

might as well bring back the scrunchi too...

So I finally caved in and bought some skinny jeans. Something I vowed I would NEVER do. Really...the second I saw them trying to make a come back I was reminded of my life circa 1990 and I said I would NEVER. Moral of the story, never say never. I remember school shopping back in the day and seeing flare jeans at the Gap and I was like...are you kidding me...those are basically bell bottoms. Wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of those. Little did I know a few years later Mudd Jeans would take bellbottoms by storm as well. The same went for the 3/4 sleeve shirt. I mean honestly don't tell me the first time you saw one you didn't think, well why are her sleeve's so short? Somebody get this girl a bigger size. Pointy Toe'd shoes...Are those weapons or footwear? And the tunic top....I mean, is that a dress or a shirt? I'm so confused. Confession: I bought into all of them, and loved em all....

Bottom line. I love clothes, and fashion. I am always so interested in what new styles & trends come out, and though sometimes I'm doubtful at first...it seems like we always come around. What in the world will they rope me into next? I can't wait to look back on these pictures in 10 years. Yep, kids. I wore that. We all did. And you will too in about 20 years. So gear up.

11 comments:

The Smith Clan said...

Okay Megan, Can't wait to see those skinny jeans! I'll bet you look cute in them!

Tracey said...

I will have to confess.... I bought some for myself when I was in Park City last weekend! I actually really like them and have worn them several times. I bet you look ADORABLE in them!

Trav and Linds said...

Dang funny! I don't think I would look so hot in skinny jeans these days.
It's so true though, I knew I should have kept all my pairs of vans from 7th grade!

Amber said...

Ha ha ha! This is so freaking funny, not to mention TRUE!!! I love love love reading your thoughts and feelings towards things, especially stuff like this. I crack up and people at the local Logan Library (I have to come here to use the internet because Trace and I are too poor to get it) give me dirty looks. I love you to death!

Liz & Zac said...

SO true! I remember in the 7th grade when Chels and I were sitting down at lunch we said we would NEVER wear capris! I own one pair of skinny jeans, but i love them and you know how big my butt is! You will look fabulous!

Jessica said...

Good for you, on the flip side, you won't catch me dead...I think you know what I mean!

Nichole Barney said...

So where did you get your jeans? I have one pair that I wear sometimes but it is a little hard getting use to them. I feel like a skater!

Kate said...

I can handle the tunic, skinny jeans, pointy toes, 3/4 sleeves...but if you start wearing scrunchi's...friendship off!

McKenzie said...

Yah, please don't wear scrunchies!! I am a sucker for trends too!

Nicole said...

I caved a few months ago and bought some too! Ya... like a year after they came into style:) I still don't know how I feel about them on me, but I get compliments whenever I wear them. I'm sure you look cute!

Benita said...

hahaha i love this post. SO true. somehow you have slowly convinced me that i need a pair of these skinny jeans. but lets be honest, you have the legs for these things, i don't.. i remember when it was all nike t-shirts and wide legs for me. wow i'm glad that went out.

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List