Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Weekend @ Boo Rad's Cabin


I should preface this blog post by saying I have some pretty sweet friends. These are most definitely some of them. Brad has been a good friend since I moved to King Henry like 3 or 4 years ago. We've since become traveling buddies, and have been to Chicago, Vegas, Boise, St. George, and Cali (a few times). He is such an awesome guy, and has been a great friend! He introduced us to Rob Graham a few years ago as well. Rob wasn't as blessed to join us at BYU, but he managed to come up and visit from the U quite a bit ;). Benita, Brad, Rob, and I have a good time. We seriously laugh non-stop with these guys. We met them up in Kamas to go to Brad's cabin for a weekend get away, which was so fun. We met at this little resturaunt in a cable car that is new in Oakley that some rich guy brought (yes actually transported the cable car) across the country, and replicated it exactly here in Utah. It's such a fun place to go if you ever get a chance! After eating there we headed up to the cabin.

After getting up there and playing some speed scrabble, snorta, and eating some treats we decided to play ghost in the graveyard. A favorite game of my childhood and of previous visits to the cabin as well. Brad's cabin is really tall and REALLY dark. So everyone starts upstairs and all the lights are turned off. Brad provides some extremely scary music that is loud enough to scare the crap out of pretty much anyone, and someone is chosen to hide. I'm not sure which is worse, being the one who is it or having to wander through complete darkness trying to find the person hiding. BOTH really scary if you ask me. It was super fun though. Everyone really gets so scared. It's hard not to! At one point we found the "ghost" hiding in one of the bedrooms in the basement and I was pushed out of the room (screaming at the top of my lungs) by one of the guys there (also screaming at the top of his lungs) until we made it out. It's funny how someone suddenly becomes scary because you find them hiding...

After we were plenty scared Brad started telling us about this abandoned cabin that was up the mountain a bit. I guess a couple moved there with their little boy, and the boy came up missing and then the wife came up missing a few days later. There were search parties sent out and finally they found the body of the wife in the bottom of the outhouse, and the boy was never found. The man dissapeared and wasn't ever found, and the house was abandoned for a long time. Brad said that a few families tried to move into it, but everytime something would happen to where the sale would fall through or something would stop them from moving in. So of course...we had to go venture out to see it. 2 AM wondering through the forrest in pitch black...yeah I wasn't scared AT ALL.


We mangaed to fit all 9 of us in Brad's car...quite a funny sight.

Benita and I linked on to our new friend Rob Shaw, and pretty much wouldn't let him leave us.

So we get to where we are like 10 ft from the house and all of the sudden we hear this huge snapping sound, so naturally all of us turn and high tail it back to the car...screaming...again. We all had flip flops on and there were branches in the way of the path all over, so we had some lost shoes, and trips that made it even worse! We made it back to Brad's car, all panting and freaking out, and brad is just laughing his head off. As I'm sure you guessed the story is totally not true. For some reason the cabin has been left unfinished and has been boarded up, but he doesn't really know why. We were all mad at him because we assumed it was him making that snapping noise, but he swore it wasn't and that is why he was the first one to turn and run. Funny!

Don't you be confused, Obama didn't really come to the cabin. But that mask DID however make an appearance while we were playing ghost in the graveyard. Now if that isn't scary, I don't know what is?? We woke up Saturday and made a delicous breakfast and just hung out. It was SO beautiful, and pretty much perfect temperature!

We decided to take a little outing in Brad's Rhino. We went down to the tennis courts where everyone played tennis, and I snuck away to go for a run in the mountains. It was SO pretty outside I couldn't resist.

We finished out the day with a BBQ and the BYU game. It was so much fun! Good times....Good times.

11 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

What a fun trip!

Unknown said...

hahahahhaha i can't stop laughing about how scary it would be if i was playing ghost in the grave yard and came across that fREAKY obama mask. seriously, that is like the worst thing ever!! also, i am glad that BOISE made the trip list. hoodihoo!! such cute pics megs!! i miss you girls!! PLEASE POST PICTURES OF YOUR HOUSE!! love you!

Jenna said...

Wait, Brad played that same trick on me once, how were you not there for it? I almost couldn't read this post because it made me SO SAD I wasn't there. Boo to moving on in life!

I think it was the time that I kept ignoring you and Heather when you were stranded with the snowmobile and wearing the red jacket :) I am laughing so hard while I type this right now....

Lauri said...

Funny story Megan! I laughed all the way through, if you have ever been scared like that you can relate. Sounds fun. The BYU game was fun wasn't it?

Amber said...

Oh how I miss weekends like this! the one and only bad thing about being married is that you can't just leave and do fun stuff like this! I loved hearing about your adventure though and I loved the story that Brad made up... thinking he was funny... yeah right! I also thought you said that you both started screaming until you "made out" but when I read it again I read it right "made it out!" I had to do a double take! I love you!

The Smith Clan said...

So fun Meggie! I loved all the stories, and games! You have the bestest friends! Sounds like you had a great time!!!I laughed the whole time I was reading about all the fun!!

Unknown said...

That sounds like so much fun! I am glad that you got to get away for the weekend! I love cabins.

Trav and Linds said...

So fun, except for the ghost int he graveyard part, I would freak out! P.S- I tagged you, so go to my blog and check it out. I know you have time to fill it out while you are at work. :)

Karrissa Winward said...

So Joe went to high school with Rob Graham, funny huh?!?

Rob Graham said...

I wasn’t “blessed” to join you at BYU… Please!

Jessica said...

So funny! Sounds like it was an awesome weekend. I am playing catch up because of my computer!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List