Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sun, fun, and water. All favorites.

Last week I went to Lake Powell.
It was glorious.
Every year I usually go with the Safford Family. It is a tradition of about 8 or 9 years. Much to our dismay, the family that had the houseboat the week before our planned trip, drove it over a sand bar causing a lot of damage to it and canceling our trip this year. I was very sad indeed...until my friend Ryan Moss invited Benita, Mark and I to go with his family.
Some of the high lights of the trip were...

1. The Moss family. They were awesome, and SO welcoming to let us invade their vacation.
2. The diving board off the back of the boat.
3. Laying in the sun all day. No concern for time or schedule. We put a lot of good hours into the flotation devices we bought.
4. Laughing...a ton.
5. Playing with Ryan's nieces and nephews. His 4 year old niece Bella called Benita and I "The sisters," and was convinced that we were twins. Mark played with Ryan's nephew Tanner for the entire trip. It was adorable.
6. Morning runs. Benita was a good sport and appeased my exercising addiction. We got up a few mornings and went running in the dried riverbed's and through the trails by our camp.
7. The Luau. The Moss family has a theme day every year. This year's theme day was Hawaiian, and both the boat and the vacationers were decorated from head to toe. The day was full of games, tribal tattoos, Hawaiian music, and a dance party.
8. We ended each night with a campfire. It was so amazing. The weather was perfect and we sat by the fire and laughed and talked for hours.
9. Sleeping under the stars. One thing I love about Lake Powell is sleeping up top underneath the stars. The sky is always SO beautiful.
10. Midnight Tiki Torch Hike. On our last night there we realized there was a lot of oil left in the tiki torches, and we figured what better use than a midnight hike through the red rock. It was awesome.
11. Wakeboarding.
12. Trying to explain to the Moss family that I don't like meat. (Ryan's dad is like the CEO of the meat portion of Albertsons or something...needless to say they eat a lot of meat.)
13. Brian, Ryan's brother-in law's, amazing nightly homemade frozen yogurt. Fat free of course. I was seriously in HEAVEN with this one. Yes please.

It was such a good time. I really do love Lake Powell.

3 comments:

Trav and Linds said...

So Fun! I'm so glad you got to go! Miss you!!!!

The Smith Clan said...

Love your pictures!!! It looks like you had a great time!!!

Amber said...

Oh I love Lake Powell too. I want to go!! Maybe next summer!! Love you Megs.

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List