Monday, August 9, 2010

Awkward service, awkward statues, and awkward movies.

We like to eat, we do.
So, on Friday night we ventured up to Midway to eat at Cafe Galleria. It is a quaint little Italian restaurant that my parents rave about, so we decided to try it out. The food was good and all, but we all agreed on the fact that it must have been the most awkward dining experience of our lives.

The awkwardness began when we couldn't find anyone to help seat us, and finally we were told to just find a table, and someone would come find us. So, we walked around trying to find a good spot. We ended up on the porch of the building, most people eat outside, and we pulled an extra chair around so all 5 of us could have a place to sit. As we were starting to sit one of the workers came rushing over to us telling us that we couldn't sit there because it was against fire code. Instead of helping show us to another table she walked away leaving us stranded and table-less once more. We found another tiny round table we could all huddle around, and then we sat there for another 10 minutes while we wondered if someone was actually ever going to help us. Finally a little tiny girl who spoke hardly any english named, "Ivy Joan," (psssh, yeah right), came and took our orders. She looked like she might burst into tears at any time, and she couldn't understand a word we said. It was rough...


We followed up our dining experience with some gelato at Zermatt.
This is what happens when I tell everyone to "get together for a photo." Thanks guys.

If you'd like to catch us in action however...

Again, soooo cooperative.

We finished off the evening with Step Up 3D. A bad idea. I have loved the other two because although the storyline is usually lacking, the dancing always makes up for it. Not so much in this one. The storyline was awkwardly awful, albeit nonexistent, and the dancing was all computerized, so it wasn't even real talent. LAME. Still a good time though.

3 comments:

Trav and Linds said...

Fun times, love all of your 80's pic's too! Where did you get your cute boots? Text me, cuz you know we always need twinner shoes, righy? Luvs!

Liz & Zac said...

Let me tell you why i find this hilarious...We were up in midway last weekend. Me, Amy and our hubbies went there for breakfast and had the same experience. We didn't know if we should sit down somewhere by ourselves or have someone seat us but finally we just found a table. Our waiter came and got our order (it had to be the same girl cause we couldn't understand her and she couldn't understand us)And she kept getting amy and I mixed up (cause we look so much alike right?) It was a cute little place but wow, service please!

The Smith Clan said...

We LOVE that little place in Midway! I'm sory your service wasn't so great.We just love sitting outside on the lawn in Midway, and we are way to demanding I guess, to not be seated where we want. I think we made reservations, however!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List