Monday, August 16, 2010

Mother Nature: 1 Us: 0

Camping. Not something I'd put at the top of my resume, but whatever. My friends take good care of me, and I love sitting by the fire listening to our favorite tunes, laughing, and getting away from the usual scene.
Last week late Sunday night we packed up and headed up Provo Canyon. No, it was not a holiday come Monday. It was in fact a normal work day. This is why I love my friends. They start your week off right.

Brad and George came and picked Benits and I up, and we met the rest of the crew up at our campsite.



It seemed a little colder than usual but the fire distracted us, and we wrapped right up in our blankets.


George kept us full. He literally packed an entire duffel bag full of sandwiches, cut up fruit, and other treats. Love that Georgey.
*Please note Ryan's Velcro grandpa shoes. He get's a pair every year for activities such as these.

When we go we all sleep under the stars, which is pretty amazing. I love being able to see the sky so brightly, being away from the city lights. Unfortunately for us at about 4:00 AM it started raining. This happened the last time we went camping, so our initial response was to wait it out. I sound super legit right now right? Sleeping under the stars in the rain..I know. I'm a natural born camper. (No, no, I am not.) After about 15 minutes of, "waiting it out," AKA hiding under our blankets, we realized it wasn't going to let up, and that we were actually SOAKED. We cleared the campsite in about 3 minutes, and stuffed our wet selves in our cars to head home. You win mother nature. You win.

2 comments:

The Smith Clan said...

You guys seriously are so funny! I could laugh all day at your little antics!!

Anonymous said...

[color=#5588aa]Nice post! thank you for sharing this information. positivelymegan.blogspot.com really got under my
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#5588aa]bookmarked... Keep up the good site...[/color]

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List