Friday, August 20, 2010

California Love

Hemet, CA. That is where darling Lola's family resides. Never heard of it? Probably the case...I hadn't until I met Lola. She had to trek down to Cali for a wedding, and so, of course, we had to join her. We love our road trips. We drove down on Thursday and spent the evening cruising the fine town of Hemet.

Friday it was off to San Diego.

Don't worry, Lola and I brought our Jellies. Flashback to 3rd grade? I hope so.

Are you wondering what the BEST PART of the trip was?
I GOT TO SEE ROXIES!!!!
We have spent the whole freaking summer apart due to her stellar internship in San Diego, so I was so excited to see her!! She hung out with us all weekend which was awesome. Much needed.

We played at La Jolla beach in San Diego all day Friday, with a short break to eat at Wahoo's, which was not bad. :)

We drove to Carlsbad for dinner Friday night, and finished off the evening with a trip to Oceanside Pier before we drove back to Hemet.

Saturday we went to Salt Creek Beach at Dana Point. It was BEAUTIFUL. We had such a great time there.


Can't you tell?

This picture might just be the best photo I've ever captured. Every time I look at it I laugh so hard. Each person really pulled their own weight to make this shot happen.

I have some seriously awesome friends.
Lola, Benita, Ryan M, Roxies, Me, Ryan S, and Mark.

Benita even let us bury her in the sand.

After we beached all day we casually made our way in to the Ritz Carlton that is located on the cliffs at Dana Point. We interested ourselves in a little hot tub/pool/fireside nap action. It was awesome.

I love these girls with my WHOLE heart.


We made our way to Pat & Oscars for dinner on Saturday night and it was back to Hemet.

Our trip wouldn't have been complete without a stop by H&M on the way home to break up the drive, and play dress up of course. We had such a great weekend. Thanks Lola!!

2 comments:

The Smith Clan said...

Oh what fun!!! Seriously that one picture has to be #uno for being thee best shot! Way to go!

Kara said...

Love all the pics. Looks like you had so much fun!! I have two cousins that live in Hemet. It is a quaint little city. :)

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List