Thursday, September 10, 2009

Seth Blaine Smith September 10, 1977 - September 18, 1994

I think about my brother Seth often. Especially in September. His birthday is today and next week on the 18th will mark 15 years since he was killed. It definitely doesn't feel like it's been 15 years. I can remember him perfectly. He was always smiling, such a happy fun-loving guy. He was so nice to everyone. His gravestone is engraved with the words, "Our blue sky and sunny day." I think that is a perfect description of him. I miss him so much, but I feel so much comfort in knowing that I will one day be able to run up and give him a HUGE hug. I can't wait for that day :)

I don't have a picture of him on my computer which I'm sad about, but I searched the Deseret News and found his obituary.

Our beloved son, brother and friend had his young, promising life cut short in an automobile accident early Sunday morning, Sept. 18, 1994.

Seth Blaine Smith, 17, of Orem was born September 10, 1977 in Salt Lake City. He was the son of Leslie R. and Elaine Wayment Smith.He was a junior at Orem High School and an honor roll student. He loved all sports, hiking, music and drawing. He was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and held the office of Priest in the Orem Northridge 7th Ward.

He is survived by his parents of Orem; two brothers and three sisters, Jason Smith, Boulder, Colo.; Tyler and Nancy Smith, Salt Lake City; Nichole and Denny Barney, Provo; Lindsey Smith and Megan Smith, both of Orem; his grandmothers, Carol Smith, and Cleone Wayment and several aunts, uncles and cousins. He was preceded in death by his grandfathers, Ralph Smith and Blaine Wayment.

Funeral services under the direction of Walker Sanderson Funeral Home of Orem will be held Thursday, September 22, at 1 p.m. in the Northridge 7th Ward Chapel, 150 East 1750 North, Orem. Friends may call from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. at the ward chapel. Burial will be in the Orem City Cemetery.

Seth will always be remembered as fun-loving, happy and energetic. His passing will leave a void in the lives of those who knew him. He will be greatly missed.

I miss you and love you Seth!

5 comments:

Liz & Zac said...

Megan, I remember we were just becoming really great friends when this happened. 15 years sure does go by fast. I will never forget when we were in elementary school, we were sitting on the bunk bed in Jenny and Spencers room in our old house in Orem and I asked you if you were scared of the Second Coming and you said "No because I get to see my brother again" I will NEVER forget that and it made me look at things so differently.

Lauri said...

I find it hard to believe it has been 15 years! Yet you were little and look at the amazing woman you are now. I miss his smile and laugh!

danielle said...

Isn't the Plan of Salvation amazing?! So sorry for your family's loss, there's no doubt you miss him. But knowing what we do is the greatest comfort! Love you!!

amberdat said...

I think you are amazing. And you are a great example and strength to me. I love you to death!

rosemarie said...

I miss Seth too , the smile and my heartlight. I so firmly believe that he was called to a greater call, that someday we will understand but guardian angels are ever present and i am sure he is right there frequently.
Still hard to believe.
You my dear are one AWESOME outstanding young woman, you are amazing and I love you a bunch!!!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List