Monday, September 14, 2009

Oh heeeeey Thurl.

So it turns out I really am shorter than I think I am. Especially when you put me next to Thurl Bailey. On Saturday night I went with Roxanne to a charity benefit for Tifie, a charity that works with children in the Congo. It was such a random funny night, but so much fun.
Roxy is doing an internship with Interface Foundation which works with charities and celebs to change the world. Her boss invited her to this Tifie event, and told her she could bring some friends, so Beth and I tagged along.

We were told to dress, "smart casual." What does that even mean? We thought it was funny. Roxy googled it, and turns out there really is such a thing. Next time I have a party I'm just going to make up some sort of dress code that totally throws people off like, "Elegant Denim," or "Trendy Causal." I'm sure it'd be fun to see what people come up with.

We met up with her boss Scott, his wife Heidi, and some of their friends (looking fantasticly smart and casual) and ventured up together in a 15 passenger van. It was sawweeeeeeet. When I say "ventured up" we really did venture. The charity event was held at the Tifie Ranch in Morgan, UT. In case you weren't aware that is about 2 hours north of Provo. I think the population doubled when we got there. A very pretty place though. Scott is pretty much hilarious and kept us laughing the whole way up, which made for a good time.
The cabin was beautiful. It was all solar powered, very cool. We had some dinner up there and then we were serenaded by Thurl Bailey. He was a former Jazz player, and I didn't seem him as a singer, I'll be honest, but he had a great voice.

After the evening was over, and after we snapped a quick photo with Thurl; we stopped off at the local 7-11 and headed back down to P-Town. Diet cokes in hand. Good times in Morgan. Good times.

4 comments:

amberdat said...

oh my freaking heck he is soo so sooo tall!! His hand is just about as big as your head!! I just read the definition for "smart casual" and it seems as though you all dressed up to code. I like your idea of throwing a party and asking them to dress a certain way. Sooo funny!!

The Smith Clan said...

Cool event Megs!! I told you he was a "gentle giant"! I think he has even made some CD's.

danielle said...

HAH! i was laughing at your dress code ideas. So funny.

Unknown said...

Megan - thanks for coming up with your friends. We have a recap of the night you can watch at: http://www.tifie-ranch.com/music/. Thanks again for joining us!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List