Sunday, May 3, 2009

realization.

So. The other day I was working out at the gym and the girl in the gray tank top walks by me. I call her that because I see her every time I am there. She wears the EXACT same outfit & She does the EXACT same routine EVERY time, so apparently she has stuck out in my mind. I almost look for her at this point. But, for some reason as I was watching her I kinda started to laugh to myself. Who am I to judge a creature of habit...I then composed a mental list of people who probably think the same thing about me. The list goes as follows:

-The girl who always walks into work with a diet dr. pepper (wow, she must be an addict or something)
-The girl who goes to Pizza Factory by herself on the way home from work gets a salad bar to go
-The girl who gets maverick frozen yogurt by herself all the time (don't worry, I do have friends. And they would go with me...but when nobody's home I'm not holding back.)
-The girl who always wears black (I promise I'm not a goth, and no, I don't go to Hair School...common misconception by gas station attendants. I think it's classy and flattering)
-The girl who always runs with one pant-leg up at the gym (what can I say I get hot)
-The girl who always sneaks drinks into the matinee with her friend, also sneaking drinks (Benita = culprit)
-The girl who frequents the YoZone (Roxanne = culprit, Benita = culprit again)
-The girl who always wears that thing around her arm (people are still curious about the Body Bugg)
-The girl who always pulls into Highland Park with her music blaring, singing at the top of her lungs
-etc. etc. etc.

SO, after I made this mental list I retracted any judgments passed about the girl in the gray tank top. I'm sure she probably just has a few, and she must really like them. What's so wrong with that?

3 comments:

Trav and Linds said...

What about the girl in the green scarf??? (JK) I love the pictures at the duck pond. They kiddios ask me to go back everyday now. :)

Natalie said...

Haha, I love this post and you are so good for removing your judgments.... But I still can't stop thinking about the girl in the gray tank top, seriously, how often does she wash her clothes?

Nichole Barney said...

Aren't we all creatures of habit. It is pretty funny we sit and think of all the things we do. I guess it doesn't matter as long as we are happy with ourselves.

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List