Sunday, May 25, 2008

Who doesn't love a good outing to the airport?


Yesterday i flew home to Arizona to visit my fam for a few days. I have been very excited for this because it means I get to do all of my favorite things. Hang out with my family, Lay out, Shop, workout whenever I want, sleep in, play games, see movies, eat at really good places...you get the drift. So, after arriving at the airport I proceed on to security....so degrading...I'm sure you agree. Take of your shoes, jackets with buttons, jewelry, pants with safety pins all down the sides, and walk through this monitor like a herd of cattle while we look through all your stuff. Not like I have anything to hide, but I always wonder what the people think of me as I walk through the little monitor because I always seem to put my best "I am innocent and not hiding anything" face...and smile, hoping all the time they won't have me be the random selected passenger who gets wanded. Anyways...I made it through there safe, redress myself, and go up to my gate. I find a place to sit to wait until my plane boards. One think I love about the airport is it really brings out the best of the people watcher in me. I can't get enough of what is going on, pure entertainment. I see this lady to my left who is probably mid 20's blond, and taking advantage of the warm weather with a pair of sweet daisy dukes. She at some point grabs one of the plane serviceman (you know the ones in orange vests who wave the glowsticks) and seems to be complaining to him about how stressed out she is. Next thing i know he's gone momentarily and returns back to her with an ice cold can of coke. What is this a commercial? Do I need to start wearing booty shorts and complaining to people I've never met before so they'll come running to my aid with 32 oz. diet Dr. Pepper? incredible! This scene was interrupted by a sudden burst of Mariah Carey "all I want for christmas is you" I look to my right where the noise is coming from and it is none other than a middle aged Indian man's ringtone. I had to laugh to myself at that one, and repeatedly did so the 5 other times it rang before our flight took off. Finally our flight boarded, and I grabbed my luggage. (Might I add I'm not much of a light packer, so I'm always very proud of myself when i can carry on.) I flew southwest and snagged an "A" boarding pass so I was one of the first to get on. I found a seat near the front by the window...yesssss...and threw one bag on to it so I could get my other one in the overhead bin. As I tried to get it into the overhead bin it wasn't sliding as easily as I'd like, and all I kept seeing was flashes of Meet the Parents in my head. I was waiting for the flight attendant to come and take my bag away from me when this kind, tall gentleman came behind me and shoved it on in. Thank you sir. An hour and a half later I landed in Phoenix, where my daddy-o came and picked me up. On the way home he asked if I wanted to stop for a diet DP. I am my father's daughter. I'm so glad I made it ok, and I'm SO happy to be here!!

10 comments:

Trav and Linds said...

You should write novels, I thoroghly enjoyed reading about your airport experience! Ours was somewhat less entertaining, oh wait, with Boston and Savy it's always an adventure. So glad we get to chill this week!

Benita said...

oh i loved this story. people watching is one of my favorite pass times - especially at airports they have the most diverse people! ps..i should be in AZ with you...

Unknown said...

i can't tell you how much i loved this post... i have found myself randomly laughing right out loud when i remember the ring tone.... haha. you know we both love that song. i miss you!! have fun in AZ!! hoodihoooo!!

Jenna said...

Megan I told you last time you flew that the safety pin pants were a bad idea. Also, I swear that people watching in Italy is the best ever.

Liz & Zac said...

Oh don't even get me started with airports and flying! My last job required me to fly a lot and boy you get some creepy people at the airport, the hard ones are if they sit by you in the plane. Have fun in AZ!

The Smith Clan said...

Megan. Seriously! This hillarious! Way to write up a truth-to-be-told funny story! I loved it! Love, Mom

Kelly said...

hahaha.. thank you for sharing that. that ring tone part is so funny...

Amber said...

Megan, I seriously laugh through almost every one of your posts. Please write a book someday. I would be the first to buy it! It is unfortunate, however, that you didn't have your Brittany Spears, "Hit Me Baby One More Time" ringtone playing... between the two of you, that could have been entertaining for the rest of the airport!

Kate said...

Ok, hilarious! I am glad to know that I have some company in the people watching industry. I honestly could do it all day long! Its hard to say my favorite part, the complaining, the ringtone, all classics!

Kara said...

How many pairs of pants do you have with safety pins all down the sides??? I wanna get a pair...

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List