Saturday, May 17, 2008

like mother like daughter

I have a proposal, and I want to get some feedback. I want to start quilting like my mom. I've done a few things with my mom's help and I've really loved it, so I want to keep going. With that said, Benita and I were thinking it would be fun to start our own mini quilt/craft group. It would be for any and everyone. We want to get together one Saturday out of the month for a few hours. Everyone can bring whatever it is they want to work on, quilting, scrapbooking, whatever... We can just sit and talk and we'll have lunch and treats. Basically it will just be a fun reason to get together!! (and who isn't looking for that??) anyways... let me know if you'd be interested...xoxoxo

11 comments:

The McFarlands said...

Um, this sounds like a great idea! Count me in! Love you guys!

Nichole Barney said...

Mom is going to be so proud! I am so glad she has one daughter that likes to quilt. That sounds awesome Megs!

The Smith Clan said...

Meggie! Oh My! I can't even believe you are taking the plunge!! Way to go! Start simple and finish one project. Then choose another. I can be your in-house advisary support!! One caution, you may all just get hooked on quilting! It's so fun!!XOXO Mom

The Smith Clan said...

Megan, That is a cute little quilt in your picture. i just wanted to comment on that!

Jenna said...

Oh this post made me smile so big.

Genevieve said...

MEGAN!! I want to come. please let me know about it. facebook me with some info. yeah?


ps. i'm not quite sure how I found your blog but I am glad I did!

Kelly said...

oo ooo can I come!?!? :(

Devri said...

Megan your blog is so cute! I love your picture next to the flowers. So pretty! What a great idea to do a quilt/craft group!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh this is the best idea ever!! I am totally in! Please have it be on a Saturday!

Ash said...

what fun!! devin and i are moving to salt lake at the end of june so i would love to come.

Karrissa Winward said...

Oh man,I would totally love that, wish I lived by you! Remember the quilts we made for the missionaries while watching Little Miss pageants on tv- good times!! Those quilts turned out awesome I am sure!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List