Sunday, May 4, 2008

thanks a million...

I have been thinking a lot the past few days about gratitude and all of the things that I am thankful for. I'm reading a book right now called "What Happy People Know." It is an awesome book, and it talks a lot about how we need to constantly be realizing the great and wonderful things we have in our lives. I think I have been made acutely aware of when people show gratitude, and I think I can think my mom for this. I can distinctly remember being little and on several occasions running out the door hearing my mom calling behind me, "Don't forget to say thank you!." I've seen her example of being sure to let those around her know her appreciation for them, and I think it is a remarkable trait. I wish I was as good at it as she is. Because my mom always made such a big deal about being sure to say thank you to everyone, I seem to always notice when people do the same to me, and it makes me appreciate it that much more. I know I need to be better about it! So, here's a start. Thanks to all of you for being so great :) I am blessed to have the best family and friends in the world!

3 comments:

Liz & Zac said...

Hi Megan! It's Liz! I was doing my share of blog stocking today and found you! I actually found your sisters first and I cant believe how big Nicole's kids are! Keep in touch! Its so fun to see what everyone is up to!

Nichole Barney said...

It is so important to be grateful! i try and pound that into my kids head. Mom has always been great about showing gratitude!

The Smith Clan said...

This is the fun thing about blogs, Liz Olson responds and sees your blog. Today in church, I had a member of our ASU student ward that we serve in say,"I saw your family blog all about the SLC marathon, Kelly (mullinax) Bentley said hello on it, and this girl knows the Bentley's. It's just so funny how the blogity blogs travel. I'm greatful you are still being thankful Megan! Nichole your kids are very good at saying "Thank You!" You are all good examples!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List