Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My list for the summer...let's get this party started...

1. Read more. I have the biggest reading list. I really need to finish Les Mis, that is at the top of the list. Does anyone have suggestions for me of favorites I should be adding? I always love the input.
2. Get some sun. My favorite part of summer, although I think my working from 8-5 is going to put a damper on this...I better pray for beautiful Saturdays.
3. Take some good trips. I am all about the vacations whenever feasible. Newport is for sure in with the family, and I'm hoping Lake Powell '09 happens. I'll be headed of to AZ in a few weeks here. And of course, Boise for Heath's wedding. But if anyone is looking for a road trip I'm always in!
4. Make a Quilt, & a skirt. As many of you know my mom is a master crafter. She has taught me a lot, and I've even made a few things! I want to put my skills to the test and try and work on that domestication. I'm thinking we should start a Jr quilt group.
5. Keep up the Scrapbooking. I LOVE to scrapbook. I just need to keep myself on it.
6. Take LOTS of pictures. This won't be hard. My camera and I will be side by side.
7. Run the Y.
8. Hike Timp. I think we say this every year, but I REALLY want to.
9. Find a dance class to take. I miss dancing so much. I want to find a good class to go to.
10. Serve more. I need to do better. I need to go to the temple more, be a better VT, be a better roommate, do more random acts of service etc...I just need to be better!

I love summer!! I'm so excited to have a list of things to knock down...at least a start!

10 comments:

Benita said...

YES!! i love every one of these goals! i'm just glad that i'm your roommate and will end up doing most of them with you... :)

Kate said...

Lisa nad I have been talking about how we need to make a list of things to do. I have tons of good books for you to read, but I won't list them here. Maybe facebook....
And roadtrip, hello I am in!

Trav and Linds said...

I love your list, I can't wait for some of them, mostly the vacay's, and I was just saying I need to start scrapbooking again too!

McKenzie said...

I love summer and these sound like perfect summer activities! Have you heard of goodreads or shelfari? I'm on goodreads and I LOVE it! I get tons of great book reviews there.

Amber said...

Such great goals!! The thing I love about you is that you usually accomplish your goals. You are wonderful and I think you should add a Charles Dickens book to your list. Great Expectations perhaps.

The Smith Clan said...

Megan I love your organiZed ambitious life. My goal this summer is to read John Adams! I t was dad's favorite book of all time at one point! Go for the junior quilting group! I also have a series of books that I just started reading about a young quilter. The Elm Street quilters by Jennifer Chiaverini. The 1st book is The quilters apprentice. I also love it that you want to learn more about quilting & sewing! I have one follower! Yeah, Mom

Chelsey said...

Very nice list. But I think I need to add, Eat a meal with old roommate and her child. Call me, and we'll set it up so you can check it off your list.

PS I've been meaning to make fun of you about your high school goal list. Karate? Really, Megs? All this time I had no idea you had a passion to learn martial arts. I probalby could have gotten you a deal at Royal West (the place by our old apartment). Cause you know what they say, The family that kicks together, sticks together!

Unknown said...

meggie i just love that list... although you missed a few things.
1. go to get frozen yogurt all the time
2. run a marathon
3. come visit heather and josh at their new place so you can help decorate it
4. drink lots of fetus water
5. play pranks and break windows
6. practice martial arts (i really liked chelsey's idea :)

Ashley and Mikkel said...

Hey megan! its ashley knipe, well chadburn now. i came across this and your other blog and I am so impressed with what you have accomplished in the world of fitness! You are my hero! I saw that you ran a marathon, i can't even run up my stairs with out getting winded! I think my last memory of you was when we were dancing in the senior send of assembly. we had to squat down with our butts to the audience and i think someone walked across our backs or did a jump off of us. i just remember laughing everytime we would do the squat. well keep in touch. bye.

Anonymous said...

11 - Go to Los Angeles, stay at Dane's house, and go to So You Think You Can Dance and the beach!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List