Monday, February 22, 2010

Love: Arizona Hate: Tires

I ALWAYS have my camera. Like, always. I went to Arizona last weekend, and guess what? I forgot my camera. Super lame...I had so much fun being home for a bit. Benita and I decided that we'd take advantage of the long weekend, and head to the warmer weather.

We left for AZ on Friday and I dropped her of in Sedona at her sister's house and continued on to Gilbert. It felt SO good to be home. I just love being around my family in any situation really. I got in to my parents house around 11:00 and watched the rest of the opening ceremonies with them, and then hit the sack.

Saturday we went to Bryson's basketball game, went shopping in Scottsdale, ate dinner at Gecko (one of my favorites), and came home and watched more of the Olympics and played Canasta.

Sunday we went to church, I got to sit outside in the 80 degree sunshine for a bit, went and picked Benita up, had a delicious family dinner with the Barney's, and then went over to the Barney's to watch, "This is it." If you haven't seen that...make it a point to do so. It's pretty incredible.

Monday we went for a run outside, amazing. Went to Sprouts Market, to pick up some of my favorite things, not sold in Utah. (Yes, I cart things home...I like my food.) Went to get pedicures. Ate lunch outside at Paradise Bakery, and then were on our way.

This is the point in the drive home when we were still happy, and making great time.

You see we had a bit of a mishap. Now, I'll need to back track in order to give full justice to the story. The week before we left I had my tires rotated. I'd like to think I'm responsible like that. When we were driving to AZ on Friday my tire pressure light came on, weird, and annoying. So we pulled over and checked it twice along the way. All seemed ok, so we continued on our way. We made it there all in tact. Come Sunday I go out to my car and the tire is completely flat. Awesome. So, Les made an appointment Monday to have it fixed before I left. I go, get it fixed...something about a slow leak...as i'm leaving I say, "Now i'm leaving right now to drive home to Utah. Do you promise I'm ok? Good to go?" To which Mr. Tireman says, "Yep, it's all fixed. Travel safe."

After about an hour of driving the tire pressure light comes on AGAIN. We check the tire. It doesn't seem flat. We continue on. About 1/2 way through the drive we decide to check it again, and it turns out the tire is almost completely flat again. Perfect. Well the rest of the drive goes as follows.
- repeated calls to Les and Elaine with updates, complaints, questions...etc
- pulling off the freeway at what I swear was every 30 mins to fill up the tire and check the PSI. (If any of you are concerned about your tire pressure, I know own a tire gage and know how to use it. Benita and I will fill up your tires like pros. We should probably be working for Nascar at this point.)
- Benita and I joke through pure fear of never making it home, that we are never going to make it home. I think we said a lot of prayers too.
- Benita and I become really good at approaching strangers for help
- Benita and I cheering as we pull in to Provo. I am going to have to say that was a first.

Wow. What a nightmare. I'm still so glad I was able to go home though. I do love it there!

4 comments:

danielle said...

hahah oh my...
I didn't know that you basically had the exact same weekend as me! I was in Mesa. But we definately hit up H&M on Saturday and Scottsdale mall. I'm' totally wishing we would've run into each other.

Benita said...

bahaha. goooooood times! that was quite the event. but one thing we learned.. PRAYER WORKS! remember when we were driving 60 in an 80 zone. that was fun too - i loved being THAT car. :) Megan..."So Dad, what happens when the tire actually blows, will we know? How do we steer the car?" Les.."You won't no, it will just blow with no warning" Benita.."what if we just die" Megan.. "stop talking" i abbreviated the last part but thats about how it went!

Roxy said...

So sorry I wasn't there for this. I wanted to. Really. Next time? Minus the tires...

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List