Sunday, February 28, 2010

Church-a-thon

Today was a very very good day. Sundays are a lot of work for me these days, but they are so fun and always very rewarding. We had ward conference this week, so the day started off with meetings with the Stake Relief Society Presidency, Ward Brunch, actual church, Fireside, and ward prayer.

All of our meetings today were really amazing, and it was one of those days where I felt like everything was exactly what I needed to hear. I love those days. It makes me feel like i'm being watched over.

Emily Freeman was the speaker at our fireside tonight, and she talked a lot about having joy in our journey. It made me realize that there is something that we can take positively from every situation we are in. It is possible to have joy in everything that we are doing, but it requires some effort on our part. It gave me new resolve to really try to apply optimism in every situation I am.

Roxy is a champ. I have to give her a shout out. I like to call her my RS-AP. She really is my "assistant to the president." She helps me 100% with everything I have to do for Relief Society, and she is always so willing to attend all the activities I have to go to. I don't think she realizes what a help she has been to me throughout all this craziness! Despite her support she is just a great example and a great friend. She even made me delicious curry for dinner tonight.

I remembered how much I love pictures last night. They are such incredible keepsakes. Benita and I looked through all our old pictures last night from as long as we have been besties, and we were laughing so hard we were crying. It was SO funny. We have had some hilarious, crazy, funny, good times, and i LOVE that they are all documented. Benits took this picture of my mom and I when I was home over Valentines Day weekend. I love it. My mom is the cutest little thing there is. Seriously. I just adore her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roxy said...

assistant "to the" president? when did I get demoted? I am the RSAP!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List