Thursday, January 7, 2010

Resoluty-toot-toot

2-0-1-0. Shouldn't we be driving around in hovering cars or something. How did time fly by so quickly. Yowza! Nonetheless, here we are. I was just checking over my last years resolutions, and I actually did better than I thought.

I accomplished the following from my 2009 list...

Run a marathon – a full one. I am planning on the Salt Lake Marathon in April. Cross your fingers for me. (So glad I was able to do this one! It was an awesome experience)

No candy until March 1st. I’ve already started this one. I’m doing it with Lisa Watkins. As of Dec 26th I have had no candy or treats. This is hopefully going to help with #1. I've done this before with my mom and sister and I love how good I feel when i don't eat treats and crap. (Still on this one!! Wahoooo.)

Write in my journal weekly. I love when I can go back and read my journal entries of past, and laugh at how ridiculous I am 90% of the time. Ok…95%. (I had a few weeks where I slipped up, and I still think I can be better, but overall I did pretty well.)

Start the BOM over again. I just finished it today. I’ve been reading it with my breakfast every morning and writing down my thoughts in a scripture journal. It’s been a great way to start my morning. I want to keep doing it, but I am trying to find another angle at which to study.

Go visit teaching every month. Make it a point to become friends with my girls, not just a message visit.

Read more. Complete at least one book a month. FYI...I just read a book called The Hunger Games that was SO awesome. I definitely recommend it!

Go to the temple twice a month.

There were plenty that I didn't accomplish unfortunately, but i'm glad to see that I was able to do some of the things that I was working towards!

My Goals for 2010

1- Apply for Grad School. If possible start fall 2010.

2- Attend the temple weekly. For the weeks I'm not able to do this double up the next week.

3- Become published.

4- Finish Mom & Dad's life history.

5- Run another Marathon.

6- Be very diligent with morning and evening prayers.

7- Finish the following books: Les Miserables, Mere Christianity, & Jesus the Christ.

8- Do something, "pictureworthy" every week.

I think that is it for now...for now, that is.

Last year I decided my "word of the year" was LOVE. I think I know what I want this years word to be...more on that next time.


5 comments:

Kacey said...

hey megs! i have an idea for you...
for christmas i brandon a book that goes through the book of mormon by topic and it has a topic for each day of the year. (there are many different books like this out there, but the one we got is called "rejoice in christ.") we've loved it so far. it's nice to have a fresh take rather than just reading from beginning to end...and we don't have to come up the the topics.

Amber said...

Remember how we tried to read Jesus The Christ together? Remember how far we didn't get?!? Good luck with those resolutions. I'm sure you will do really well!!

kelsey and murray said...

megs you are simply amazing! i admire you so much. love new years and resolutions. i feel like 2010 is gonna be a good one! miss you.

The Smith Clan said...

Wow Megs! You really are amazing!I love the "new word you chose for 2010! We miss you all in UTAH! We had such a great time over the holidays!

Alpha Monkey said...

The Hunger Games has a sequel. And the third is being worked on. I love that book too!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List