Thursday, December 11, 2008

Scrum-diddly-umptious!


Ok, So all credit here goes to my sister Nichole. I stayed at her house over Thanksgiving and she had made these pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I seriously died over them. I couldn't believe how good they were....we're talking melt in your mouth good. So I bugged her for the recipe forever and she sent it to me. If you like pumpkin bread or cookies or anything like that you will LOVE these. I promise. I made them a few days ago, and I was reminded once again how good they are.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

3 cups sugar
6 eggs ( I used 4 eggs and 4 egg whites)
1 T. cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. ginger
1 T. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 c. milk chocolate chips
2 c. butter (I used 1 cup butter and 1 cup of applesauce)
1 large can pumpkin
1 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 T. vanilla
1 T. baking powder
4 1/2 cups flower

Mix butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add spices and flour. Mix in pumpkin slowly. Add chocolate chips last. Fill in muffin tins. Bake @ 350 for 15-20 minutes ( maybe longer depending on oven check with toothpick)

This recipe makes a ton, so I froze a bunch of them. They taste so good after you pop them into the microwave for 30 seconds...melted chocolate chips..mmmm. Thanks Nichole!!

5 comments:

The Smith Clan said...

Oh yeah! I made them last night they are delics!!

Trav and Linds said...

Can't wait to try them! :)

Lauri said...

Thanks for sharing Megan and Nichole. You know I'm always looking for good recipes to add to my collection. We are anxiously waiting to hear about Lindsey, I assume your mom is here now. Keep us posted ok?

Benita said...

these really are so so good! i love being megan's number one taste tester. well done nichole. :) i actually just finished one, i love that you can freeze them!

Jessica and Reece said...

Oh how I LOVE pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Thanks for giving me one more temptation that will be impossible to resist this holiday season :)

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List