Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble....

For Thanksgiving I went to AZ to visit the fam. It was SO fun! We always manage to fit in all my favorite things while I'm there and I just love it. It was a weekend full of eating out, shopping, working out, going to movies, playing games, and watching Christmas movies (Kiley and I managed to watch a different Christmas movie every night, so fun!). I ended up staying at the Barney's with Kiley who was nice enough to let me share her bed with her. Ki and I had so much fun all week playing together. It is so crazy to me, she isn't the little girl i used to babysit! I feel like she is my age, I think she feels the same way ;). We all ran the 10K turkey trot on Thanksgiving day which was a fun way to start the day. Nichole was my workout buddy while I was in AZ, and we ran together and made some good time. Bryson my 7 year old Nephew ran the 6 miler as well. It was so fun to see him challenge himself. I was proud of him! I see a future olympian. Here are some photos from the week.

Ki and I pre-meal.
Dad Carving the Turkey. His Job is to whip up the turkey and the stuffing and he did a mighty fine job, once again. He always does!
Ty, and Mom outside enjoying the beautiful day. I was so glad Tyler and Jodi were able to come down and join the fam for the feast. It is always so fun to hang out with them! Mom did an amazing job with the food. I seriously don't know how she does it. Fancy pants Elaine is right.
Jodi being a good sport while i snap photos like the paparazzi. She made some delicous new dishes for the fam that we all really liked. We were so glad that she came along to enjoy the holiday!
Here are the boys making the traditional apple turkeys my mom has set out for them every year. She always has fun things for everyone to do. I love it! Here's the table before we sat down to demolish it. My mom's attention to detail always amazes me. She has specific Thanksgiving dishes...wow. She's adorable. Please note the famous candied cinnamon apples in the righthand corner. Mom was real glad Ty was there to enjoy them with her.
My mom had these cute name settings with all of our names on them. Again. She's adorable.
We of course had to squeeze a movie in. It wouldn't be a Smith Family Holiday if we hadn't. The kids and Denny ended up seeing a different movie than we did and somehow it ended up that there were 7 of us in Dad's car on the way home. No worries, we're all friends. Here is my beautiful sis and I squished up front. Thanks for letting me crash at your house Nich! I had so much fun with you!!
It was so fun to be home, even if it was only for a few days! We were so sad that the Fitch's and Tam and Jas weren't there. You were definitely missed. Thanks Mom and Dad for making it such a fun week. I love you guys! Can't wait to see you soon!

3 comments:

Lauri said...

Sounds like a great time Meg! We miss getting together with you guys and are anxious to hear about Linds!

Nichole Barney said...

The fun always goes to fast! Wish we could see you more. Love ya!

The Smith Clan said...

It was so fun!!! Why does it always just fly by so fast when you are having so much fun! And Lind and Travis and Jas and Tamara, we'll say it again! WE missed all of you!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List