Sunday, July 20, 2008

Newport Beach

The whole Smith family trekked down to Newport Beach this past week, and we had such a great time. There were too many fun pictures to choose from, so I had to document them all. Here's a little taste of what the week looked like.

After mom greeted us all with our "welcome buckets" we were set to head to the beach Monday morning. The Simas family was nice enough to let our whole clan come hang out on Laguna Beach with them. They have access to a private beach so we basically had it all to ourselves. It was amazing!! (I don't know if you can see the stairs in the background but it was about a 10 min hike down to the beach. Well worth it though!!)

We had some mad Smashball tourney's going on. Very fun.

All the kids had so much fun playing in the sand all day.

Me and Savy on the "magic school bus." Papa working up some fun with Blake-O's, & Trav soaking up some sun.

Harper and Ty enjoying the nice weather. Me ki & Nichole in one of my favorite self-taken shots.

Dad & Mom, Linds, & Savy loving the perfect weather.

Eating at CPK @ Fashion Island. Shopping + Good food = amazing.

Ki, Ty, Savy, & I. Papa, Brons, & Bosty doing "The electric bull"

We spent the evening up at the firepit playing games and roasting s'mores. It was so fun! Trav won the family B-ball game, but I came in a close second. Watch out BYU intramurals, I just might have found my niche.

Brons and Elliott had so much fun running up down and around all the big hills. I love this pic of Nichole and I!

Trav & the Kiddie-O's. Blake, Grammy, & Papa roasting s'mores.

I LOVE this pic of Boston. He insisted on having his s'more wrapped up because it was getting him dirty. He's so funny. Savy & Nichole both enjoyed a little mallow goodness, & Kiley and I playing a mean game of teatherball.

We spent the evenings doing what the Smith Family does best...playing games! Here Linds and Ty are representing the hierarchy of Scum. Linds was losing and had to wear the scum hat. The picture on the right was of Trav's B-day breakfast. Happy B-day Trav!

On Thursday we got to go to the taping of So You Think You Can Dance. AMAZING. We took some pics right before, unfortunately we couldn't take our camera's inside. It was so awesome though. My friend Dane had two extra tickets so Kiley and I used his, and My sister's and Taylor and Tracey Simas were able to get in with random people's extra tickets. It was an all day event, but we were on the front row. SO awesome. Thanks dane!!

On the last day we went to South Coast Plaza to hit up the Nordstrom sale, do some shopping, some dinner, and a movie. It was a GREAT way to end such a fun trip. Sweet shades eh?
Thanks Mom and Dad for such an awesome trip! I can't wait until next year!

10 comments:

Jenna said...

Front ROW! Seriously? Dane is amazing. Looks so fun, and somehow you are extra tan. Not sure how that is even possible.

Benita said...

your trip looked like so much fun! i am soooo jealous you were on the front row of SYTYCD!! amazing!! i need to convince my family to take this kind of a vacation! you guys know how to do it :) although i must say i am very glad you are finally home... it was a long lonely week of popcorn bowls with no one to share them with.

Karrissa Winward said...

What an awesome vacation!! I love your family!

Devri said...

You are so stinkin' tan! I love Newport. It's so much fun! Looks like a great trip! :-)

Liz & Zac said...

SYTYCD? I am freakin jealous! Holy fun trip too! Its so fun to see all your family, I cant believe all the grand kids. Crazy.

The Smith Clan said...

Great Pictures Megan!! Good memories I'm just sad it went by soooooooooo fast1 But I loved every minute of it!

Nicole said...

I'm so jealous you got to go see SYTYCD! That is my favorite show... I will be going when the come to SLC:) Looks like it was a fun trip!

Nichole Barney said...

Love the post and loovvved the trip! We always have so much fun as a family! Wish we all lived closer! Did you rewatch SYTYCD to see if you made your film debute?

Tracey said...

It was so fun hanging out with you - i just your family!

Lauri said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm glad I found your families blogs on the my girls sights. We don't stay in touch very well, this will help. Love ya Lauri

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List