Sunday, July 13, 2008

I feel good...

Pretty much I'm really happy right now. After a LONG day of driving with Linds, Trav, and the kids we finally pulled into The Newport Coast Villas, greeted by all our family members. I LOVE the feeling of getting to your vacation destination after being stuffed in a car for 11 hours. We pull up and we are greeted with an amazing dinner. My fam had eaten before we got there, so it was all ready for us. (Nothing like getting out of being stuffed in a car to a yummy Sunday dinner!) My mom greeted us with her "welcome buckets" complete with a beach towel, supersoaker squirt gun (yep they're still around), candy, towel clips, a beach bag, electric toothbrush, water torpedoes....yep my mom is pretty much adorable. I love have always loved holidays because my mom has always made such a big deal of them. She made it feel like our arrival was a holiday, and I loved that!! Basically, she rocks. After some catching up over some strawberry shortcake we decided to walk around and look at the resort. Let me just add that the weather here is perfect. We all walked around and checked everything out. I love this place. I will NOT have a hard time staying here all week that is for sure. My brother Tyler challenged me to some teatherball. I actually wasn't even aware that it was a real game with rules. I thought you just hit it and watched it wind around the pole. Turns out I kind of love the game...i'm going to have to work on my form while i'm here. Finishing the night off with games and getting to go to be with OUT setting my alarm. This is going to be a good week.

5 comments:

Jenna said...

I'm glad you are enjoying yourself so much while you are there. Swav and I played tetherball on the wii last night. I'm guessing not as much of a workout as you got playing it in real life, but my arm is feeling a little bit sore today ;)

Amber said...

Well it sounds like you are up for a great vacation. Where are you exactly? And I agree, your mom is wonderful!

kiley barney said...

YAY on the tetherball! We'll play hard this weeek!!!! ;)

Liz & Zac said...

K, im totally jealous. Im needing a vacation very badly. But i wanted to ask you something. My mom was cleaning out the basement and somehow came across Chelseys, yours and my campaign posters for 9th grade student council. Just wondering if you want yours, my mom was going to throw them away, but i told her to hold off. So let me know, plus i was thinking it would be fun to get together soon, so when your not busy vacationing, being in weddings or hanging out in powell, let me know:)

Jessica and Reece said...

I LOVE that resort! My family goes every June. Be sure to look for dolphins on the beach!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List