Sunday, June 20, 2010

MOAB. It's hot there. Reaaalll hot.

Truth: I am not a camper.
A bunch of our friends, and about 300 other peeps from the Provo area decided to head on down to Moab this weekend for the "Massive Moab Trip."


Good times were had by all. The friends I went down with are some of the funniest people I know. I think I laughed for a solid 24 hours. The activities actually began Thursday night at about 11:00 PM when Mark, Ryan, Benita and I decided that if we were going to do this we were going to do it right. So, it was off to Walmart to purchase some new white hanes v-necks and some spray paint. The next 3 hours were spent in pure creative genius, ending up with some group trademark tattoo's all around.
*Please note everyone's white v's in various pictures...sheer genius.

After we pulled into Moab we went and hiked to Delicate Arch which was really pretty.

Post arch hike we went to eat at Pasta Jay's and headed back to the campsite. I don't know why Benita and I were under the impression that we didn't need to prepare much for camping out, but needless to say, we didn't. Benita borrowed some sleeping bags from her sister, and that was all we had. I ended up sleeping on the dirt in my sleeping bag, no pad, no mat, no nothing. Just me, the rocks, and the bugs. Luckily everyone around me was in just as much discomfort, so we we spent the night pretty much wide awake talking and laughing our heads off. The stars were beautiful. The bug bites all over my arms are not. I think we topped out at about 30 mins of sleep. Not a joke.

The sun decided to rial us up at 5 am...perfect...where we were quickly reminded of just how uncomfortable we were. The day started off with some rock climbing. The guys are all really good, and they were very patient with people like me...totally afraid of heights. I loved climbing up. That part was really fun. It was the leaning straight back and repelling back off the side of a cliff that scared the crap out of me. Still way fun though.

I have never been to Moab before and I couldn't believe how beautiful it was.


The trademark tattoo. Lightening bolts all around.

Saturday after we went climbing we ended up at Ken's Lake which was WORTH IT. Childhood inflatables? Yes please.

Sunburns, sing alongs, laughing, endless jokes, Mash, the suburban, maverick frozen yogurt, rock climbing, hiking, cold water, the samuri, the chastity sack, nick names, glow sticks, dance parties, bugs, the throne, hanes v-necks, spray paint, lightening bolts, etc. etc. etc. good times.

4 comments:

Janae and Bil Bil said...

I am so happy that you went!!! I can't wait to hear more details. P.S. Your legs look AMAZING:)

Lauri said...

Looks like you had a great time! Bug bites and all!!!!

The Smith Clan said...

YOu guys are hilarious!! Way to go rockclimbing! And the creative, fake tatoo, you guys are so talented!

rosemarie said...

Way fun, I had a bll thre first time I rocked climb and it is even more fun to be with friends, sounds like a fun fun time, fake tattoos and all.

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List