Monday, February 16, 2009

A weekend away...

Confession: I totally stole this pic from my sister Nichole's Blog because I was AWFUL at taking pictures this weekend! Thanks Nic ;)

I had such a fun weekend in Arizona with the family. We ate, played games, went to a movie, shopped, laughed, baptized and ate some more. The main purpose of the trip was to see my sweet nephew Bryson get baptized. I still can't believe he is 8! He is so adorable. I just love him.

My Highlights from the weekend:
- Shopping! Benita, Roxy and I have been trying really hard not to shop this month, so it was fun to get to go and find some new clothes.
- Game Night. I always love playing games with the fam. (My mom pretending she's just an innocent bystander in EVERY game and then crushing us...Arsenic.)
- The Ugly Sweater. My family got into a discussion about how for our this year's Christmas party we're going to have an ugly sweater party. Makes for great photos, and an all around good time. Well in the midst of deciding where we are going to come up with these ugly sweaters, my mom comes out with the fact that she has held on to one. We of course made her go get it and we all tried it on. FANTASTIC mom. FANTASTIC.
- Confessions of a Shopaholic. On Valentines Day we decided to go see a movie and the movie of choice ended up being Confessions of a Shopaholic. All of us girls have read the book, and they guys humored us. Those of you who've seen it will note the reference to the green scarf...Well, I happened to be wearing a green scarf when we went to see it, and it turned into this huge joke about how I was a fanatic that dressed up for the movie. (Think Harry Potter/Twilight/Lord of the Rings followers.) I'm glad I could provide some laughable material for the family.
-Bryson's Baptism. A great event with a delicious Brunch to follow. The Barney Fam knows how to host a party!
-Headband Making. Kiley and I spent Sunday night pulling at our creative sides. We had so much fun making headbands and they turned out really cute!
- Sunday dinner. This is one thing I miss SO much about having my family close all the time. I LOVE Sunday dinner's at home. My mom and dad did an excellent job of making my Sunday Dinner at home a delicious feast.
- Just being with the family. I wished everyone could have been there, but it was very fun regardless. I just love my family SO much. I love it when we're all jam packed at a noisy restaurant table, talking, laughing and having a good time. I love it when we play games and everyone's secret competitive side comes out. I love it when we're cooking and laughing together in the kitchen. I just LOVE all of it. Thanks mom and dad for letting us come barge in on you for a great weekend home! xoxoxo

2 comments:

Benita said...

such a great ugly sweater story, i loved it. sounds like a weekend getaway that i need to take! those are the best kind... family, shopping, movies, games. oh you forgot to mention the 1/2 marathon you ran.

The Smith Clan said...

We had such a good time with you there! And it's always so hard for me when you all evacuate! Loved having you in AZ!

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List