Thursday, January 22, 2009

Posty McPosterson

I've been doing better at blogging on my fitness blog. But I need to kick it up a notch here. It's one of my goals for the year, so I really am going to make a valiant effort.

In the meantime...
Want to know what's on my mind today?
I love my work. My "Jobs" if you will. Today I worked both jobs... This morning I went up to Sandy with all of the Phitpro trainers and we were on channel 13 morning news to showcase a new training program we're implementing. It was really fun. I realized while I was there how great all of the trainers I work with are. They are just awesome. So knowledgeable. So talented. Not to mention my rocking clients. I've been with all but one of them for over a year. They keep my schedule full and they are consistent gym-goers, which makes things nice for me. I really have just grown to love them. I feel so lucky to get to use my degree, and do something that i honestly, truly, love.

Work #2. I consider this job my miracle job. It was one of those things that the timing couldn't have been more impecable. I know for a fact that it was the Lord looking down on me. Last year around April I started to stress out a little (ok...like A TON) about my work situation. Training full time for me just wasn't an option anymore and I needed to find something else. It was at that same time that Travis, my brother-in-law came to me and offered me a position with his company Point Security, doing all of the financial work and accounting. I was a little intimidated at first because I am not so schooled in the finance area, but let me tell you, I couldn't be happier with the way things have worked out. They are such an awesome company to work for. Really, my employers ROCK my socks. I don't think I've ever once dreaded going into work. The environment is great, the people I work with are great, and my schedule couldn't be better. I feel like I have responsibilities and that I am a help to the company, (let's hope that's true ;)...) I don't know if Trav knows how much I appreciate his taking me on as part of the PS team, but it has been a complete blessing. I love it there.

In this crazy time when so many people are out of work, or aren't able to do work in a field they are passionate about I feel like I am 100% blessed. I know that soon, hopefully, the time will come where my focus will shift more to the family aspect and less to the workplace, and I completely look forward to that. But, for now I'm happy (and grateful) to be wearing my workboots.

2 comments:

The Smith Clan said...

I'm so glad you are happy and love your two "jobs"! That is awesome. Great posting Megs!

Trav and Linds said...

We're glad you love your jobs too! You are so good at both too! AZ two weeks and counting.....

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List