Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happiness

With all that has been going on lately with politics, the economy, and everything else, it seems everyone is constantly looking at the downside of things. I realized the other day that sometimes listening to it frequently starts to rub off on me and my attitude becomes more negative. I become more cynical about my life and the bad side of everything is all I see as well. I know this isn't how it has to be, we may not be able to change our circumstances, but we can change how we react to them. Let me make it clear that I know life isn't made up of ice cream, sing-alongs, and sunshine (although I wouldn't mind if it were). I also realize that we can't brush negative circumstances and outcomes under the rug and by doing so magically make them disappear. We all have our share of trials, problems, and difficulties. I am a firm believer in the power of a positive attitude. I feel like we all have the ability to be happy, despite the "downsides" in our lives. It is up to us to make a conscious decision as to what our attitude outcome will be.
One thing that helps remind me to have a good attitude is to think of all the things that make me happy in life...you'll find i'm easily pleased...
My family, my friends, the gospel, exercising, the gospel, guilt-free desserts, baking, cooking, taking pictures and mercilessly posting them on my blog and facebook, really good movies that make me think, really funny movies that let me stop thinking for a bit, frozen yogurt, diet dr. pepper, arizona, shopping, Christmas, Christmas Shopping, Rob & Big, sleeping in, unexpected text messages, having my arm tickled, reading a really good book, my ipod, finding new music, funny youtube videos, good smells (baked goods, cinnamon pinecones, clean kitchens, garlic, etc.) a clean car, cold cereal, seeing old friends, inside jokes, new clothes, being crafty, service, brushing my teeth, eating at my favorite resturaunts, visits at work, BAM, dancing, laying out, getting my hair done, general conference, driving with the windows down, beautiful weather, phone calls from the fam, getting to go home, I could go on and on and on...there really are so many little things that make me happy in life...
If you haven't had a chance to read Elder Uchtdorf's Talk from Womens Session of General Conference please do... It's SO good!
http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-37,00.html

9 comments:

Jenna said...

My husband, laptop, kitchenaid, stargate, DDR, bike, and church make me happy. And talking to you of course :)

The Smith Clan said...

Very timely post Megan! I'm with you all the way! It is up to us!Just one of the things that makes me happy is seeing how positive you always are. Just like your blog says: "Positively Megan!" You are awesome!

Amber said...

You seriously are the most positive person I know! And I love you for that!!!

Lauri said...

It's nice to see a positive blog Megan, this past week certainly has been bizarre with negative posts particularly with anyone who may be LDS, Jes was attacked pretty badly. Freedom of speech only applies to those who hate what you stand for I guess. More of our family are probably going to go private after a few things that I have read since the elections. Thanks for reminding about the good things in life.

Unknown said...

You are pretty much the most positive person that I know. I love that I work with you because as I vent about my problems, you always give me something positive to look at. Thanks!

Nichole Barney said...

I loved your post! We do need to keep positive troubled times! We can face whatever we have to with the proper perspective and that will determine how we get through it. Thanks for the boost and reminder today! We want to be glass half full people right!!

Chelsey said...

I LOVE Rob and Big!!! Please tell me you saw the episode where they dressed up as old ladies and took pictures for their cereal box cover? I like to think our relationship is "baked in the ovens of friendship" too!

rosemarie said...

Thanks for your positive message Megan, I so agree and I must say that I have never known anyone that is as positive and upbeat as you are and as your mom says you are AWESOME and I think pretty terrific too.!!!

Trav and Linds said...

I love your list! It's such a good reminder. I just went visiting teaching and that was the talk I shared, it was definitely one of my favorites from conference. It was so fun to hang out tonight! Can't wait for our next outing! :)

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List