Monday, August 4, 2008

Take a Second...


Sometimes when things get crazy busy and I start to stress about everything in life I get caught up and tend to forget all of the amazing blessings that I have. Today was one of those days, so to counteract I decided it was time to do an evaluation to remind myself of all I've been blessed with.
- I have an amazing family. I get to see them frequently even though some of them live far away. I'm lucky to have my sister Linds about 2 min from my house and she lets me bug her all the time.
- I am lucky to have great friends. I've always had such amazing friends. I really don't know how I am so lucky. Although my parents aren't in Utah anymore I feel like I always have close friends surrounding me like family.
- Not only do I have one great job, but I have two. I have been doing personal training for the past year and a half for a private gym in Orem and I LOVE it. I get to hang out with great people, and talk about health and fitness, my passion. I also started working for my brother-in-law's security company doing all his financial work about 5 months ago, and it has been awesome. I work with great people there and they are so good to me. I love both aspects of work even though they are so different.
- I am healthy. My schedule gives me time to workout everyday and it's such a stress release to me. I really and truly feel blessed to be able to have time in my day to workout. I love it. Although I may not be exactly where I want to be physically, I feel like I have been and will be able to accomplish a lot. (I'm still proud of the smith fam for completing the 1/2 marathon together, what a cool experience!!)
- I have been able to get a college education. I couldn't have done this with out the love and support of my parents, and I know there are so many people who don't have this opportunity. The things I have learned in college have been invaluable. Not only have I learned so much relating to my field I learned a lot about myself, and my capabilities as a person. Although many times I almost gave up, I always had the support of the great people around me to keep me going.
- I have the gospel in my life. This is the greatest blessing I could possibly have in my life. It is my constant. I love the peace and the strength that I get from the gospel.
- I have a car that doesn't break down on the side of the freeway at 5 in the morning. Bless you my little black beauty.
- I have food to eat, a place to live (yessss!!), and clothes to wear.

My apologies for the rambling, but I feel better already. :)

6 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

It is so true! Sometimes we need to sit back and realize how many blessings we have. It is so human nature to freak anytime something doesnt go perfect. We are so lucky and so blessed! I am learning that more and more everyday as I look around at all that is going on in the world.

Amber said...

What a great reflection. I agree with everything that you have said. It is so great to just sit down and reflect on all the good things that are happening rather than reflecting on what isn't going quite right. Love you! I hope I see you tonight!

The Smith Clan said...

Great thoughtful blog Megan!! You have been very blessed in your life! It is nice to just realize how blessed we truely are! That doesn't mean everything will always be perfect. We are meant to have challenges in our lives. But I too, believe we have such amazing blessings!

Trav and Linds said...

Awwww....I'm so glad you live so close, and will still live so close. I love that we get to see e/o and talk so much too. I think we all really do forget how blessed we are and only focus on the negative, so thanks for the awesome reminders! Love ya!

McKenzie said...

You are so cute! I've always thought of you as a very optimistic/positive person. It's great that you can focus on the blessings in life :)

Natalie said...

hey megan!!! I found you while snooping on Jenna's blog. I am so excited that now I'll be more up to date on the craziness in your life. Yay. It looks like things are treating you well.

PS: I really appreciated this post, everyone needs to take a step back and look at all of their blessings. Thanks friend :)

my tweets


My Current Reading List...if only I could read one book at a time...

  • The Goose Girl
  • All But My life **Just finished this one. It is absolutely amazing. Definitely makes you appreciate your blessings!
  • The BOM; of course ;)
  • And Then There Were None
  • Les Miserables (been reading this one for a year...so good, but taking me forever)

Munch & Crunch

Munch & Crunch
Click here to check out my healthy living blog!! :)

About Me

My photo
My Name is Megan. I am a certified personal trainer, runner, and a baker who loves all things health and fitness! I'd love to answer any questions you may have. Email me at megolina21 at gmail.com

My Blog List